• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Seppi BMS mini or ? for midi excavator mulcher

JimP

Hi. Looking to do some private clearing in a rocky and/or steep area. Invasive brush like Russian olive and dense trees (beech, maple, some oak) from 1/2 to 6 inches. Does anyone have experience with the Seppi BMS mini fixed tooth mulch head on a midi excavator? Seppi mulch heads in general? Other suggestions for midi excavator mounted mulch head? Carrier is a Volvo ECR88 18000 pound excavator with 24 gpm auxiliary flow. Thanks. Jim

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I would check your psi setting on the aux. and see if you can squeeze as much psi as possible. I found that my aux. was set lower so that the bucket could over power the thumb so you don't damage the thumb. The lower psi is helpful in that scenario, but when running a mulching head flow and psi are your friend. Too low psi and you will constantly run over relief and over heat or not generate enough power to effectively cut.