• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Sennebogen 835 hd ?'s

tonka

Occupation
Equipment Operator
Have any of you guys ran one? I was hired today to load bales of trash on to train cars. I have ran other material handlers (cat 330B MH) before but not a Sennebogen, any advice you can give me would be much appreciated. THANKS!

Attachments

• 835R_pics.jpg
    835R_pics.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 1,219

MKTEF

Occupation
Production manager
Not so much advice, but.:)

One of our crane operators got a lot of Sennebogens on the terminal where he works.
He says they are very good machines.
They got other stuff too, but the drivers only want to drive the Sennebogen cranes/material handlers.

And his boss only buys Sennebogen now.:rolleyes:

tonka

Occupation
Equipment Operator
Well these are the Cadillac's of material handlers, Heated air seat, CD player, auto grease, 2 boom cams, ton's of power. I'll get pics tomorrow as today i forgot my camera at home!

discolover

Hello all,

New to the site. I run an 835 here in our West Fraser Mill log yard loading and unloading our cut-to-length logs for the mill. We stack our log decks 30 ft. high with this machine.

MrElectric03

We are a dealer for Sennebogen. They take getting used to when traveling but as far as the operation they are great. They are easy to diagnose as well when problems arise. In our territory we have 6+ 850s, 5 or so 840s, and a few 830s and 835s as well a couple of the 305 telehandlers.

The biggest problem we have with them are the "C" models they have the CAT engines. We have had liner failures, turbo issues, excessive blow-by, and all before the 1500hr mark.

The new "D" models have the cummins in them and have a much better track record so far.

And truck drivers hate them...

tonka

Occupation
Equipment Operator
We are a dealer for Sennebogen. They take getting used to when traveling but as far as the operation they are great. They are easy to diagnose as well when problems arise. In our territory we have 6+ 850s, 5 or so 840s, and a few 830s and 835s as well a couple of the 305 telehandlers.

The biggest problem we have with them are the "C" models they have the CAT engines. We have had liner failures, turbo issues, excessive blow-by, and all before the 1500hr mark.

The new "D" models have the cummins in them and have a much better track record so far.

And truck drivers hate them...
Holy thread resurrection BATMAN, I have been running an 825,830,and 835 for about 2 years now since I first posted this thread. I love the 825 cause its very fast and agile, but the viability out the bottom to middle of the front windshield sucks with the steering controls in the way. The 830 we have has a deutz motor, it likes to go threw 2 water separator filters before service is due on the machine, and the Idler rollers are very hard to clean out if you run this machine in the dirt. Our 835 however is a great machine I have had no problems with it at all, in the first 1000 hrs i have put on it. Sennebogens are a true material handler, not an excavator modified to be a material handler, in my opinion.