• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Senabogen 840e over heating

TmsMechanic

Hello all having a problem with our crane at work overheating fairly quickly. We’ve changed thermostats, replaced radiator, and even added a couple 12” push electric fans, and still running up to 230 within a few minutes or magging scrap. I think the fan for the coolant and inter cooler is not spinning fast enough but I have little experience with this crane. How would I go about speeding it up and what else should I be looking at to keep the temps down while working?

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
Have you checked it out with a heat gun. It could be that it has a faulty sensor or gauge.

Delmer

220-230 at the thermostat housing. How about the water pump inlet from the radiator? And a few temps of the head.

I've never seen a Sonebogen outside of a scrap yard, so I doubt you'll get a lot of experience. maybe a little more info about the engine, or at least fan might help.

TmsMechanic

It’s a C8 ,hydraulic fan. Supposedly u can adjust the fan speed. But I’m all new to the heavy equipment game and the service information I have available on hand at work is very minimal. I’ve done google searches for info and came up short. Figured I would try here seeing I had gotten great info on reprogramming our 953c loader.

Delmer

I'm not a Cat guy. You can get a photo tachometer cheap enough, that would tell you the fan speed. I'm sure somebody will be along to tell you how to access the computer, and what to do from there.