• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Semi truck Import/export Canada to US

Tugger2

Thats a heavy duty looking rig,they make good trucks for the oil patch. Ive brought obscure parts and cranes into Canada over the years . Done some of the hauling my self . We always worked closely with the brokers ,crossed ever t and dotted the i s .We never had a problem at the border. Id bet it works the same going into the US. I think its the guys that show up at customs with some vague bill of sale and say i bought this at the auction that get held up.

Truck Shop

In my last years of OO, I would cross the border at Blaine 4 times a week sometimes 5.
Once in a while Sumas or Oroville. Crossing at Blaine--the big house--checked into
compound then take load papers inside a brokerage firm, once done there over to customs
for check through and stamping, given a code for the gate and on my way. Never had
any issues on the Canadian side, but coming back through to U.S. not so much.
U.S. customs could and would be a royal pain every once in a while. But I had a BC plate
and Canadian authority also, so way less issues. Normally customs isn't a problem, it just
depends on how busy they are and if you fall in a random percentage checkout pile.

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
That guy was a real trucker, got rid of the air, and went with 3 sticks for high low and split

BC Placer gold

In my last years of OO, I would cross the border at Blaine 4 times a week sometimes 5.
Once in a while Sumas or Oroville. Crossing at Blaine--the big house--checked into
compound then take load papers inside a brokerage firm, once done there over to customs
for check through and stamping, given a code for the gate and on my way. Never had
any issues on the Canadian side, but coming back through to U.S. not so much.
U.S. customs could and would be a royal pain every once in a while. But I had a BC plate
and Canadian authority also, so way less issues. Normally customs isn't a problem, it just
depends on how busy they are and if you fall in a random percentage checkout pile.

We brought some NOS 50 year old dozers parts across Oroville (we had a front idler/track tensioner) shipped Ohio to Spokane). Parts in the back of pickup, Canadian side asked: business or personal.…should have said acreage dozer, spent the next two hours going through a huge book & navigating a somewhat confusing computer system. My lack of due diligence made the crossing tricky!

Have done in the past (including truck from port of Tacoma) but many new changes….canadian side that day…mean spirited. Aggressively hassled Lady with horse in trailer brought to tears! Usually okay though (Only time I have had a bad experience)

Would just use a reputable broker next time.

crane operator; hopefully you can get a good price. It seems those heavy oil rig trucks seem to go for high prices at Nisku.
Looks like a solid rig.

jhark123

If all else fails, you and I will fly up there and sneak it back across the border in the dark of the night. What could go wrong? We might go to jail but we’ll have some laughs along the way.
They won't do **** about the southern border, but let me tell you they almost brought out the swat team when I tried to cross with a Ram 5500 and the wrong (unknowingly) paperwork.

crane operator

Well I missed the auction (I've been crane shopping, so I'm hoarding $$ at the moment also), but I could have bought it right. It brought $35,000 cad which is $25,800 in freedom screaming eagle units.

Another $10,000 or so to get it here, so I would have been 45-50,000 into it.

Welder Dave

I wasn't feeling very good the last week and a half. I was going to go out to Nisku but my body wasn't up to it. The truck was advertised all over the internet on RB ads. I thought it would have brought a lot more. There will probably be more trucks like it in upcoming auctions. There's a really clean 2003 IH tandem tilt deck for sale right now at the place I sold the axles. It didn't make reserve at the 1st sale. It looks like new. How about a tridem picker truck and trailer that isn't showing much interest yet?

Last edited: