• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Seeking more log excavator grapple experince in H Bay NZ

mrspindrift

Hi all,
I am seeking some more experience in an log excavator ,preferably in the central Hawkes Bay area ,is there a logging contractor willing to assist with a few hours on a Saturday morning or when it is convenient with their operations ?.

I have had a lot of heavy machinery experience ranging from small 1.5 ton -cat 33 ton excavators mainly earth moving.

Front -end loaders those nimble little T.M.C ones to WA 600 Komatsau c/w stick steering ( with 18m bucket used on the coal operations at L.P.C coal yard)
Cat 980g -966 Volvo l350f all these machines used on coal load out)
Cat 14g grader wind-rowing over burden 20 hrs approx.
2000+hrs valmet cs 350 straddle carriers loading containers onto road transport ,rail .
Hyster top lifter ,Bellotti reach stacker-omega 40 t forklift.

Operating heavy machinery is second nature to me ,i have some experience with grapple excavators unloading trucks& trailers ,high stacking (100 hrs approx)
If at all possible would some kind contractor to contact me to assist me in getting employment in the NZ forestry harvesting industry.
Many thanks to this forum

Nwlogger joe

Kiwi logger
How hard do you think it would be for a logger from the Pacific Northwest to get a job down under

Plebeian

Kiwi logger
How hard do you think it would be for a logger from the Pacific Northwest to get a job down under

It depends on the experience, age etc of the individual. There are usually a few Canadians scattered around the various hauler logging areas. Brian Tuor has run a few training courses in NZ in recent years.
It is a case of knowing and following the rules.
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/
http://www.trademe.co.nz/ (look up jobs - logging as key word) I see Australian logging jobs are being advertised in NZ.