• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Seeking a k-part.com Equivalent for Caterpillar - Your Insight is Invaluable!

ampacheco

Dear peers, I’m in urgent need of your expertise: does anyone know of a platform akin to [k-part.com](https://k-part.com/) for Caterpillar? Such a tool is critical for streamlining our operations. Your insights could be the linchpin for our project's success. Thank you in advance for sharing your knowledge!

ampacheco

Se llama sistema Caterpillar SIS y es necesario pagar una suscripción para acceder a él, al igual que K-part.com.

https://www.westrac.com.au/technology/sis
I can use it with multiple users. To create an account in sis2, I have to create with the distributor in my country but I don't want to buy from them. Buying directly from Caterpillar is crazy. I don't understand why Caterpillar sells 5 times the real price.

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..
They have a huge, global corporation with many tens of thousands of employees, and a vast array of properties, plus design, research and manufacturing facilities to support.

Aftermarket suppliers have nothing like the above to support, so they sell parts and components much cheaper. Also, most aftermarket suppliers manufacture their products in low-labour-cost countries.

No-one forces you to buy from Caterpillar. There are often many alternatives available if the Caterpillar price is unrealistically high.

Of course, Caterpillar deal with many global mining and contracting companies with huge fleets, and they rarely care what they pay for parts and component prices - so they set the trend for Caterpillar pricing.

ampacheco

Tienen una enorme corporación global con muchas decenas de miles de empleados y una amplia gama de propiedades, además de instalaciones de diseño, investigación y fabricación para respaldar.

Los proveedores del mercado de repuestos no tienen nada como lo anterior que respaldar, por lo que venden piezas y componentes mucho más baratos. Además, la mayoría de los proveedores del mercado de repuestos fabrican sus productos en países con bajos costos de mano de obra.

Nadie te obliga a comprarle a Caterpillar. A menudo hay muchas alternativas disponibles si el precio de Caterpillar es excesivamente alto.

Por supuesto, Caterpillar trata con muchas empresas mineras y contratistas globales con flotas enormes, y rara vez les importa lo que pagan por los precios de piezas y componentes, por lo que marcan la tendencia de los precios de Caterpillar.

Thanks for the information and level of explanation of Caterpillar prices. But we are not very big. But regarding SIS 2, do multiple people can connect with the same user. What if a Malaysian supplier doesn't want to give me that service because they want me to buy from them and I'm not going to buy him. There is an alternative to get sIS 2