• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Searching for excavator windshield screen

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Does anyone know someone that builds screens for excavator windshields? I need one for a Deere 200C LC. I'm already covered up with other work and just don't have time to build one, would rather just purchase one and fit it to the machine. I called Kenco Mfg, they don't build them.

oceanobob

Occupation
general contractor
The commercial glazing contractor has built so many things....those guys can do miracles with the aluminum pieces for storefront and curtain wall systems...they have all the places to get the gaskets and the glazing, laminated safety glass, with or without tint etc etc.
We made a drawing of a frame that mounts to the backhoe roll cage with some c clamps so we can remove it and keep it safe....they showed us the material they had laying around...it was like a rectangle tube with a groove in one face... we were supposed to make a plywood pattern for the exact dimensions so they could copy it, but the 'worm turned' and we didnt get on with it...cant see why they could not do a screen with the invisible material on a nice heavy duty frame...

dozer12216

Occupation
Currentlly clearing some 50 acres for farmland.
I believe HCT in Georgia has a screen they custom make. There are the same people that make kits to install aux hyudraulic controls.

RobVG

Occupation
17 excavators and a stewpot of other stuff
There's an old phart in MN that could build you one. If he ever finishes his...

YEC1998

Occupation
owner operator
I think GR Manufacturing in Alabama is hooked up with Deere they make screens and all kinds of stuff for them exclusively. You can check their website out www.grtractors.com they have all kinds of stuff. I have several of their products on my equipment and have had good luck with them.