• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Scrap Iron or treasures

Old Doug

A older guy that i did alot of work for passed away he had all older stuff and i helped keep it runing the last few years before he retired. All of it has been seting for some time. I was ask about cleaning it up but i have more than i can do wright now.I dont need any of it i have to much stuff and prodjects the way it is but it is sad to see it all scraped.

Delmer

There's always craigslist, pick a price equal to scrap more or less, and sell as is, buyer loads and hauls. I'm not going to MO, but I'd be interested in anything local.

You can't save them all, Kia's need to be born too.

Old Doug

I dont know what has been scraped so far but he had a craker box GMC,Cab over 6v92 13sp Freightliner,JD ??350 tracloaders,3 80s GM 1 tons, several ford major TLB, several gas engine welders,Dodge 2ton utility bed with HYD ginpoles and other stuff that i dont remember. All of it has been worn out rebuilt wornout and rebuilt agin. If any one is interested i know were there is a 1984 pete no engine it is ruff. I dont want it but they wanted me to buy it.

petepilot

I dont know what has been scraped so far but he had a craker box GMC,Cab over 6v92 13sp Freightliner,JD ??350 tracloaders,3 80s GM 1 tons, several ford major TLB, several gas engine welders,Dodge 2ton utility bed with HYD ginpoles and other stuff that i dont remember. All of it has been worn out rebuilt wornout and rebuilt agin. If any one is interested i know were there is a 1984 pete no engine it is ruff. I dont want it but they wanted me to buy it.
like to know what the 84 pete is co/hood ? maybe a picture

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
Call me tomorrow or when you figure out what’s left there. I’d be interested in the 6v92 and the 13 speed. What are the welders.....?

terex herder

Lincoln SA welders are easily sold regardless of the condition. If its bigger than a 400 or has Detroit power I am interested depending on location.

Old Doug

I went there and looked around last week i hadnt walked around in the lot for years. Every thing was in bad shape from seting i didnt see any welders out side there was some in a building but i havent been in there yet.
Lincoln SA welders are easily sold regardless of the condition. If its bigger than a 400 or has Detroit power I am interested depending on location.
Will you give scrap price i passed up 2 lincolns at a auction last summer.There was 2 Detroit powered welders 1 1/2 hours from KC Mo. I dont know if they are still there but i can check.One i used 10+ years ago the other was stuck.I wouldnt want one to use my self.
like to know what the 84 pete is co/hood ? maybe a picture
Its a regler hood not long. It has a salvage title was wrecked at some time.Its no cream puff but could be fixed up.

Old Doug

I went down by there today and the guy thats cleaning it up was there i looked at the Freightliner agin. I had drove it and worked on it years ago i couldnt remember every thing about it. Its a 1979 and has air ride. I ask what he wanted and he told me what he could scrap it for it was just what i had figuered it would bring. I said i would tell him one way or the other in the morning. I am going to buy it but i dont think i will keep it. I will start it and go from there. I have told a buddy about it and he may want it.I would love to keep it and have it in usable shape but i would need to sale off some other prodjects to make room and money for it.

Old Doug

I bought the Freightliner now to get it home. I went there today to back off the brakes. We got alot of wet snow and its seting in a bad place. The front axle has sunk down and the tires will have to be turned sharp to miss a building so i am going to jack it up and turn it sharp then put something in the ruts. I dont think i can pull it out of the lot to the road with my truck.I was trying to think of a easy way to get it to the road with out hauling some thing or makeing some one drive along ways with there tractor. I was thinking this over a lunch when i saw a tractor go by. It was a buddy that i went to school with i went and talked to him and he said just call and he would pull it to the road. If i get it out of there theres a lot were i can move it to 3 blocks away that a good friend owns were i let it set until the weather gets better.