• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Schulte power rake?

Tags

Ive had a Harley power MX7 power rake for a long time. It has been one of the handiest attachments I've ever used. It's getting tired, I was searching the internet for other power rake options and came across the Schulte power rake, http://www.schulte.ca/product/rock_removal/smr800_multi_rake_windrower2.html.
Never saw one before but it "looks" like it's a nice heavy duty unit. I was looking for some feedback from anyone that has had experience with them.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I was not aware that Schulte made a power rake for a skid steer. They are well known in Ag circles for building heavy duty equipment, we had a Schulte rock picker on our farm in ND. By looking at this attachment that DNA is certainly there. The build quality looks great. My issue is with the design of the long teeth and lack of uniform depth control. Many times you don't want to dig that deep, by doing that you stir up a lot more rock. I don't see any adjustment for depth control except utilizing the loader arms, that is hard to repeat to maintain a uniform depth. The guide wheels do not adjust either. I also don't see a spec on how small of a rock they collect. I would also like to see the quality of the finish. Demoing one would be very important to me before I bought one to answer these questions for myself.

Tags

I agree completely on the tooth depth. I do not need anymore rocks when prepping a new lawn. I would think you would be able to alter the depth of the teeth by tilting the rake forward or backward depending on which way you’re going. It seems a lot of the competitors rakes do not use adjustable wheels like the Harley rake, Which I don’t think is a problem since I’ve never changed the setting on the wheels of my rake since I’ve owned it. A lot of the other rakes also come with the floating hitch design, which I don’t know that I would like to much.

I’m not necessarily opposed to buying another Harley rake, I just was looking to see if there was anything else out there that might be better or heavier built at least, I’ve welded a lot of things back together on my rake. Shoving these rakes around with a 10 to 12,000 pound machine really does take its toll on them…

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I use a FFC Preparator. I tried a Harley Rake years ago and just found that the Preparator did a better job for me. Maybe try one out and see what you think.

DIYDAVE

Looks to me that the black bushings on the front forks can be moved from top to bottom, to vary the depth of cut. I question the teeth, though, they look like they would attract straw bale string ( the plastic sh!t that I consider the bane of my existence!) and that damn netting that the sod farms put in the sod, to make it stronger...

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I don't think that YouTube clip really showed the attachment in the best light. I do like the build quality though. It is absolutely heavy duty.

heymccall

My FFC Power Rakes are built like brick **** houses, and direct drive (no chain to break like on my Harley Rake).
My Quick Attach one was stolen, but, it was too light weight in design/ construction.

Tags

It certainly does look well built for sure, I also agree they aren't showing what that rake is really capable of doing in that video. I also agree that stabilization mat/mesh would be a disaster, kind of like when you hook some road fabric, that really makes for a "fun" unplanned break time. I probably shouldn't say this, but I've never had an issue with the chain drive, still has the original one I bought it with, although I did replace the tensioning wheels and spring a while ago. The direct drive looks like a good idea but I always imagine hitting a stump or large boulder with it while moving faster than I should be....

heymccall

On my Harley MX7, chain drive, the only original parts are the side legs and drum.

On FFC PowerRakes (3 of them), only issues are drive offs (hoses + wiring).
Now, the Harley does deserve a little credit as they are all used on my 101hp, 5 ton, Takeuchi TL150 machines.

All of my attachments last longer on my Kubota SVL75 machines at 74hp, 4.5 ton.

Tags

i was picking up parts today and they had a brand new FFC power box rake there so I gave it a good look. Certainly does look like it's put together better than a Harley rake, a lot less Ubolts holding things together.