• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Schlumberger

oregon96pd

Anyone have any experience good, bad or otherwise with schlumberger? They have offered me a job as a diesel mechanic, i was trying to determine what i might be getting myself into. Thanks for any info.

JTL

Occupation
IUOE Local 302
A buddy of mine took a job on a frac crew down around Grand Junction, CO a couple years ago. They made all sorts of promises to get help, but when he got there nothing was what it was supposed to be. The pay was 8 bucks an hour less than they said. They were only working 40 hours, insted of 60 plus like they said. In three weeks he was on 7 different jobs, and never did get on a frac crew. He lived out of his car because they were so far away from anything resembeling a town.
I have never experinced oil field work, but from what I've heard its not that glamourous. Your just a number to them. But in these times, a job is a job and kinda hard to get. I'd give it a shot and see how it works for you. Good luck!

oregon96pd

Thanks for the info JTL. You got me worried now lol. Ive got a decent steady job now i am just looking for a change. Id be pretty uh... let down if i moved to wyoming and had that type of situation to look forward to. Very good information. I was a little skeptical to begin with cause its a staffing service working for the company, so i know anything that they tell me can pretty much be taken with a grain of salt. Now i have no idea what to do ha. Thanks again for the honest answer.