• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Schibeci cutters

milling_drum

Occupation
asphalt mill operator (ret)
In the video, I ran that roadtec for mohawk milling on long island.....they are great drums for city work. They wear fast and are expensive too retool. You can really go very fast with them, they do produce a lot of drag due too that style of flighting.

millingman

We used Schibeci Drums for many years. Best drums on the market. Easily 2 seasons without touching it. Hit lots of buried steel, only broke tools. We will stick with their drums. Super strong and low maintenance compared to our other drums.

milling_drum

Occupation
I have only seen or heard of one in America. The clowns here are either Novapick addicts or Wirtgen.

millingman

We had a stack of different machines, Wirtgens, Roadtecs, CMI's and smaller bobcat attachments as well. All of these machines had different drums to begin with. The bolt on drums were super expensive to run, that's why we went for Schibeci's. I know of a bunch of companies that swear by them... Particularly in tough conditions. We ran with 150, 180 and 220 pic drums. The 220 pic drum did drag a lot, but the texture stayed the same for the whole 2 seasons. I preferred to run the 180 and particularly the 150 drum. The 150 was really quick. I never like hanging around on a job site too long. With the bolt on systems, even the new ones, we could never keep the blocks in for more than 300 hours... We'd always end up welding them in and spending way too much time in the cutter box welding away. So my experience has been pretty good with Schibecis in comparison to other drums. I guess it depends on how tough the conditions are you are working in.

jeffvega

if im understanding correctly this system would only be good for open highway wide open cuts. Inner city stuff with buried surprises would destroy it right? or are they easily repaired?

millingman

Other way around. Great in tough conditions (hitting buried steel) because you just break teeth off, not knock blocks off. On open highways they're about the same as any other drum. We've hit plenty of steel and never knocked a block off, so I don't know about needing to repair them.

milling_drum

Occupation
jeff they have a couple of videoes over at youtube. I can personally assure you they are GREAT drums for city work. Best ever. The flighting is an overwide auger with holes for teeth.