• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Schaeffer Oil in Hydrostatic Transmission

BigAl

I have used Schaeffer oil my entire life and it is absolutely the best product available. That being said, I would like to replace the fluid in our Gleaner combine's hydrostatic transmission. The manual calls for Allis-Chalmers 401 Powerfluid which is not offered anymore and has been replaced with AGCO 411 Powerfluid (so I have been told--please correct me if I am wrong). It is a form of Dexron II. Does Schaeffer have a direct replacement?

Thank You
BigAl

BigAl

We currently use #315 in several hydraulic applications already. I was pondering the use of #204SAT in this application. Is it the only Dexron formulated oil Schaeffer offers?

salesrep

Occupation
Sales Rep
I thought about THE ALL trans as well as it is backward compatable to the dexron line_up> i can not say for certain>
sorry<

Last edited: