• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Scary D9 Loading

cummins05

LOL wow reminds me of the first time i loaded a D7 way to fast on our beaver tail lowboy only i went up in second gear and come off the side a little smarter

nzpatch

do the rippers not work or sumthing? they help if you just give things a little push down dont they!

catc15

yeah i was just thinkin that why didn't they think of using the rippers when the cat was a little farther back? then maybe they wouldn't have scared the crap out of themselves. just a thought though.

Knucklehead

I was wondering why the "operator" didn't put a little pressure on the ripper to get the nose down. I bet they were REALLY puckered backing it off!!!!!!!!!:drinkup:beerchug

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Should've dropped the ripper shank, if it would not clear the beaver tail, and load in reverse. Looks like one of those lazy moments when someone makes a decision to "just load it, we don't want to go through the hassle of dropping the rear shank". From my experience those lapse's of judgement can have bad consequences.:bash Luckily for those numbnuts, no one was hurt.

Deere9670

Occupation
Farm equipment operator
Im surprised they dident blow any tires on that trailer....that dozer hit hard....

catc15

yeah that dozer did hit hard. it maybe could have slipped off if it had hit any harder right?

WesternStar

Yeah if he wasn't perfectly centered and straight it would have been very easy to slip off the side. I just don't understand why he seemed to stop for long amounts of time before suddenly going wide open throttle... gotta be easy on that decel pedal.

bill5362

Occupation
I own a excavation company and a rolloff container
How high do you think the top of dozer is, looks kinda of high to me for transporting on road. I think if the dozer had slipped on the side, it would have done some damage to the trailer as heavy as the dozer is.

surfer-joe

No problem, if anything, the operator actually tried to ease onto the trailer a little to carefully. He should have kept moving instead of stopping. He could have let the ripper down a bit to help as some have suggested, but so long as he was lined up straight, no big deal.