• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Scan Tool

Brian Bobb

All my estimation stuff from a few years ago started at $1,000 just for them to return a phone call. A field call was $1,000 minimum just for the mechanic to pull his keys out of his pocket. The only way I ever got a field wrench bill under $5,000 was to go down to the local choke and puke, ask which guy was assigned to my job and tell him I wasn't paying for his breakfast. I had one young "Tech" try to justify 4 hours on site as "interpreting and analyzing" the read outs on the computer. All he had to do was drop in a flash file! It took me a couple of months of "interpreting and analyzing" whether or not I should pay the full bill.
That really is outrageous, man. Did you pay it?

kjkoch

i have the TEXA system, it works really well on the truck side. The equipment is hit or miss. I just added JD service advisor for AG for $500 from EP catalogs, I love it. It includes all the manuals for everything. That is one thing that TEXA is lacking. I also have CAT SIS and VOLVO SIS from them and they have been great, a bit of a pain to get set up, but after that, very good.

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
When you say Volvo do you mean you have techtool for equipment or prosis to look up parts?

kjkoch

I have Volvo Pro SIS for their manuals. The techtool I did have at one time is no longer supported, so its useless now. The only 2 Volvos I have worked on lately, the TEXA has done a decent job on, so I haven't had a real need for something better.

Brian Bobb

i have the TEXA system, it works really well on the truck side. The equipment is hit or miss. I just added JD service advisor for AG for $500 from EP catalogs, I love it. It includes all the manuals for everything. That is one thing that TEXA is lacking. I also have CAT SIS and VOLVO SIS from them and they have been great, a bit of a pain to get set up, but after that, very good.
So they both are working out for you? Is EP catalog trust worthy? I just came across their site looking for a manual for the 310G backhoe.

kjkoch

Everything so far has been great, not one problem. On the larger downloads it takes some time to get them finished and installed but other than that I've been happy with them. They do offer the larger ones loaded on an external drive now.

Brian Bobb

Everything so far has been great, not one problem. On the larger downloads it takes some time to get them finished and installed but other than that I've been happy with them. They do offer the larger ones loaded on an external drive now.
I will give them a shot and get the external drive with the manuals. Thanks.