• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Saw a neat trick, on youtube...

DIYDAVE

Another good trick is throw the whole thing away and go get new one, what ever the new one is.

Never! I don't give up easily. My grandfather used to get me to do something by betting me a dollar that I couldn't do it! Of course, I don't think of it as being smart or innovative, its a puzzle I have to finish...

Truck Shop

Never! I don't give up easily. My grandfather used to get me to do something by betting me a dollar that I couldn't do it! Of course, I don't think of it as being smart or innovative, its a puzzle I have to finish...

Ah just tell the boss you also found a big crack in it. :p

heymccall

I'm winning...
Left...spun m8 nut on and welded 6010
Center...set 3/8" nut on and welded 6010
Right...below flush, built out with All State Stud Plus, tapped on 1/4-20 nut, welded 6010, and...voila, all three came out.

On a 2007 6.0 LS motor, in the rust belt, with 289k miles. Just gotta do the other side.

I cannot stress as to how awesome the All State Stud Plus rods are for below flush broken bolts. The slag coats the bore threads and pops off the end. 20211201_185032.jpg

DIYDAVE

Had an opportunity to use the bolt buster, again. Put a new battery on a mower. Damn thing was 1/4" taller than the old battery. Old clamp bolt was now too short. So I found a piece of 5/16 round stock, marked a spot to bend a loop, heated, bent loop, cut off the excess, and hammered flatter, all in the time it would take to roll the torch set across the shop...;)