• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

SANY SY 80 Vs. KX 080-4

Gchartrand

Well if you do nothing else but put it in the dirt on a job and see what you think. It's free hours, and I think you will come away with a different outlook regardless of what you end up buying. Your spending 6 figures, might as well have all the available information. The ET 90 is, in my opinion, their flagship machine. Everyone has different likes and dislikes on how a machine runs. Me personally, this machine would be the one I would build if I had the say. It responds exactly as I want one to run. I wouldn't say that about their 5 ton machine that they just replaced, thankfully. Having one break down in 11k hours is incredible. I think you could run a handful of Kubota 80's to that many hours and not be that fortunate again.
Maybe...but at the end of the day. I sat in that machine for those 11000 hrs. It ran at half throttle and maintenance was done at every 250 hrs. So I don't know. I feel like if any other machine was treated like that, why can't a cat, JD, or maybe a SANY with a yanmar can do those kinda numbers.

Gchartrand

Not that I own a SANY, but IMO, I have been burned by Chinese stuff far too often. Can a SANY even make it to 11k hours?
Ya that's the thing. I have no idea. Maybe it would but it's definitely questionable. I do know those little yanmar engines are super reliable. It's got a Rexroth pump I believe. I can't remember who makes their hydraulic system. But it was also name brand.

Gchartrand

Well that's for you and you only to find out. Let us know what you decide.
I'm not in a huge hurry. My kx is still working just fine..I just saw this 308. Looks like it's in real good shape. I wonder if I can take of his financing through cat? I know thats done with cars all the time. Can that be done with equipment? This was incan get his low interest rate for 2019?? I never financed a machine.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230520-205504.png
    Screenshot_20230520-205504.png
    2 MB · Views: 8

Gchartrand

Picked up this girl! 1300 hrs. Owner operator. Insanely clean machine. I took over his 2019 lease at 1.6%. it's got full warranty until July 2025. The depreciation on this machine is roughly $24/hr. Kubota $32. And Sany $254! I'm assuming the Sany would slow down after a few years,.but the 2022 80y that I was looking at had 220hr and had dropped $40,000. Even if they are good little.machines, you're just not gaining at all. This 308 will hold value like crazy, clean cat machines always do. Anyways, I hope this little research can help someone out that's in the same boat as I was.

Resized_20230524_140913.jpegResized_20230524_140922.jpegResized_20230524_140942.jpegResized_20230524_140934.jpeg

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Congrats!

I think you made the right purchase. One day I'd like to have a 308-310 size machine since they are handy as a shirt pocket.

keif

Not that I am aware of. The 308's are made in the USA of domestic and foreign parts.
I thought 308s and 309s where made in China from reading on another forum. I looked on Cats site and couldn't find anything. I could be wrong, @Gchartrand check the tag and let us know!

apetad

Occupation
Compact Construction Equipment Sales
I have not been impressed with the build quality of the few Sany's I've been around.

The same way I see Sany - I'll never own one.

I think you have answered your own question -

Why would you swap to a Sany with the experience you've had with a Kubota? Just because there are other Sany mini's kicking around town doesn't mean anything to me.

What does make a difference is strong dealer support and availability of parts. Price is the 3rd and sometimes 4th consideration when I am buying equipment.

Here if one buys a Sany they better be planning on keeping it for the long haul or prepare to take it on the chin on resale. YMMV.
They sell by offering a 5 year warranty, problem is, if it sits in the Sany shop for 18 months to get fixed under warranty, there's no coverage for a rental or loaner machine, your out of business for a year and a half!