• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

SANY EXCAVATOR

diver

Occupation
retired
Im in the process for purchasing a sany mini sy16.. Its for use around the house.. It came in at $27,400 with hyd thumb. The price is affordable for me. I sure hope it works out

The sany equipment equipment pre 2017 I am not familiar with but current machines have been very good and they support there dealers very well.
Yammer ,Isuzu , Cummins power
Kawasaki, Denso hydraulics .
Keep in mind the Sany built machines for North American are different than overseas market machines. No matter what plant there built in
The plant in Georgia is building more and more machines I think currently there buildings the 215. 225. 265
Size excavators there

typ4

Occupation
Equipment mechanic for a small company.
Im in the process for purchasing a sany mini sy16.. Its for use around the house.. It came in at $27,400 with hyd thumb. The price is affordable for me. I sure hope it works out
We love our SY16
First job moving material out and back in a back yard paid for 1/3 of the machine.
We have 7 Sany excavators. So far no issues.
All new stuff is problematic when it has electronics. Yes im old.

Thefp

Rubbish pure and simple, you pay for what you get.. Good luck you Sany buyers.
I love my Sany sy60c. I have beat it to death so far and it has given no problems. Less than half the cost of a cat, and the dealer has been great. Months after the sale he still answers me on weekends.

Welder Dave

I think it all depends on if you have a good dealer close by. There's a fairly big Sany dealer in Western Canada (Headwater Equipment) that has full page ads in the equipment trader. Sany has graders too. I think the warranty is up to 5 years on their machines. I was looking at an almost new Sany midi-excavator that was doing some landscaping around where I live. It looked like a well built machine from what I could see. Of course I had to inspect the welding and it looked good.

Thefp

I think it all depends on if you have a good dealer close by. There's a fairly big Sany dealer in Western Canada (Headwater Equipment) that has full page ads in the equipment trader. Sany has graders too. I think the warranty is up to 5 years on their machines. I was looking at an almost new Sany midi-excavator that was doing some landscaping around where I live. It looked like a well built machine from what I could see. Of course I had to inspect the welding and it looked good.
Well since you are “welder dave” I think that’s positive for sure!! The boom and such look a little smaller than expected compared to my case 580l but what do I know I’m a plumber. I know they probably won’t ever beat cat but I didn’t pay the cat price either, less than half. And as I have said four times cat wouldn’t even return my calls.

Welder Dave

You'd have to compare break out force and some other things in order to compare it to your Case or another machine. I've seen some bad welding on overseas equipment. I've seen some bad repairs too. LoL

Thefp

Yea I did all that before I bought it. They are supposed to be equal. But in the last hour I have unloaded logs with my 23 year old case that I doubt it would have picked them up. I love the thing, it is so smooth and such but it definitely won’t have the power or the price tag of a cat. Side sweep power on the old backhoe is way stronger. Like I said Im not blind and still in the honeymoon stage, I will keep you in the loop and I will call it as I see it. But to just bad mouth it because of where it’s from without any hands on experience is just stupid. Half price and five year warranty goes along way!

Welder Dave

A Cat machine won't necessarily have any more power. It's not really apples to apples to compare a backhoe with an excavator. It's also not good to push too hard sideways with either, especially an excavator. The last thing you want to do is destroy the swing assembly. Post some pics. of your machines.

Markomp

Occupation
Technician
s
HELLO SIR.
many thanks for your assistance ...i have another preoccupation.
my boss bought this SANY excavator .S/N :095402021879. model :54205C
it doesn't carry normally, we wanna control all its electro-valves (hydrolic solenoids) and its electrical system.
we have no manual so far .
please if you can help ...1) operators Manual
2) electric schematic
and 3) hydrolic solenoids operating the pump .
Gracia!
sany 215C?

Thefp

A Cat machine won't necessarily have any more power. It's not really apples to apples to compare a backhoe with an excavator. It's also not good to push too hard sideways with either, especially an excavator. The last thing you want to do is destroy the swing assembly. Post some pics. of your machines.

Attachments

• CF91D234-5A42-4570-86C1-DE6F2B76FDF5.jpeg
    CF91D234-5A42-4570-86C1-DE6F2B76FDF5.jpeg
    293.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 38A68C38-5182-4264-9405-F8DED02E174D.jpeg
    38A68C38-5182-4264-9405-F8DED02E174D.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15

Welder Dave

I never suggested you weren't still here. I just gave a brief answer that they were made in China not Japan. Cat has machines made in China too.

Thefp

I never suggested you weren't still here. I just gave a brief answer that they were made in China not Japan. Cat has machines made in China too.
No no just playing with you cause I responded so fast! Cats parts are made in China? Which ones where when why????

Welder Dave

Cat has whole machines made in China as well as a lot of parts. Same as most manufacturers. The list would probably fill several volumes of an encyclopedia.