• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Santa Fe Junction Derailment

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
Back about 10 years ago we were in with some railroad stuff hauling bridge beams. They have them stationed all over the country. When they call it doesn’t matter how much it costs or how long you wait on them once you arrive they want you onsite yesterday. I hauled one to Sterling, IL and sat for several days while they cleaned things up.

The day the wanted it is when they figured out I was on the wrong side of the bridge. I get turned around, no small feat as long as I was on gravel county roads. End up having to come in on residential streets in town. I stop to tell the R/R guy no way I can make the turn without being in yards and trimming trees. He said do what you gotta do we’ll handle the rest. Making a left I was so far up into a yard I was eye to eye with a lady standing at her kitchen sink! Thankfully I didn’t find any septic tanks!!

Hulcher was there with 6 or 7 583 side booms. Those boys don’t mess around! Best part was eating in their kitchen trailer. 24/7 food and they even had ice cream sandwiches!