• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Samsung wheel loader parts in the us? Volvo?

Chris Hyde

Please let me know. I plan to pull mine out in a few weeks. Did you send yours to them already ? Is it the same as the SL150 that they show on their website ? 20201217_234903.jpg

Please let me know. I plan to pull mine out in a few weeks. Did you send yours to them already ? Is it the same as the SL150 that they show on their website ? View attachment 244658
I sent them the diagram of the driveshaft out of a parts book . It has all the measurements and details , they said that was what they needed . I was told the components needed were on the way to their shop , I hope hear to from them soon . A 150 driveshaft is not the same as a driveshaft for a 120-2 . I think there will be some demand for them ,

I sent them the diagram of the driveshaft out of a parts book . It has all the measurements and details , they said that was what they needed . I was told the components needed were on the way to their shop , I hope hear to from them soon . A 150 driveshaft is not the same as a driveshaft for a 120-2 . I think there will be some demand for them ,
Your loader looks exactly are ours .

we received our new driveshaft from Fort Wayne Clutch for our 120-2 samsung payloader . very high quailty , it fit exactly as it should and our problems are over . Part number 2034-01160 . This company specializes in building parts that are extremely difficult to make . Price was reasonable too . call me if you have questions , 308-627-7762 art

Chris Hyde

Did you get the driveshaft made yet ? What is the turn around time ? I need to pull mine out still but I am still using the machine for a few more weeks but need to have have it back in time for snow removal

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Does no one have driveshaft shops local. I'm in Chicagoland and I have access to at least a dozen shops that will build and balance from 3/4 " square pto shafts up to 6" shaft. As long as your end yokes are good, I would give them a chance. You might save a thousand or two.
Speaking directly to Chris Hyde, try Denny's driveshaft. They make racing shafts and all sorts of exotic stuff. They might be helpful.

Anderson A Vieira

Chris - late to the thread. I just joined the forum. I have a 97 sl120 that i rented then bought in 98. Basically new. Great machine until a couple of years ago. Has about 7500 hours on it. Back in action now.

The computer under the seat is an APC 50 I believe. Shows direction and gear. We had shifting problems right after I put new rubber on it. So I stared at it for many months then called a guy from Jersey to make me a shifter to bypass the harness. Basically had a ZF shifter and a Clark transmission. They stopped communicating. I still have the components which tested good but the wiring was pretty complicated and too lightweight to splice or fix. I plowed with it all winter and it seems to be fine. Gauges aren’t right though. I have to figure out the trans temp gauge and the warning light.

Fix that shaft ASAP and maybe keep a spare. When it fails, you are dead in the water. That’s definitely something we’ve addressed several times. Keep it greased and have a beefy one made up. Not some puny shaft between a couple of u-joints.

I used the heck out of the unit and don’t usually keep old stuff. However, it was so reliable for so long I couldn’t justify selling it. We use a bunch of loaders in our supply yard also.
View attachment 235282

Hello, I do have a 1999 Samsung SL120-2 with the transmission not shifting, I would like to have the information on this technician from Jersey to bypass the harness as well. Thank you!

ClaytB

I have a Samsung SL120-2 i bought a couple of years ago. I didnt thing getting parts would be an issue i was so wrong. Local dealer has very little access to parts they say as i need a speed sensor because mine is broken where it mounts to tranmission. dealer is no help with that, I would like to know where i can get this part? Part #8320-14070 I think.

Slsnursery

Getting tough to get parts. Volvo really didn’t stick with them.

We try our original dealer and hope they have some left over contacts. Sometimes the Volvo Dealer can check.

What part is that?

Bigbert

Occupation
Consulting Engineer
Hi member Wiatowski,

I got a brochure of the Samsung training course from, guess, 1990's. with lots of descriptions, drawings etc. approx. 380 pages. If you are interested in, let me know.

Attachments

• doc2020SamsungS1.pdf
    137.4 KB · Views: 16
  • doc2020SamsungS3.pdf
    124.4 KB · Views: 11
  • doc2020SamsungS4.pdf
    124.4 KB · Views: 12

Bigbert

Occupation
Consulting Engineer
Hi,

please share your email address in a conversation. I need to send via WeTransfer or so as files are pretty big.

legonch

Hi,

please share your email address in a conversation. I need to send via WeTransfer or so as files are pretty big.
Are these still available? if so, may i get a copy of these? Just bought a sl120 and have no manuals, etc. Thank you.!

Bigbert

Occupation
Consulting Engineer
Hi Legonch,
still available. Please be aware the training course is for SL150/180/250. However steering, brakes, cabine etc. might be similar. Transmission was Clark? Definitely not ZF.
Please share email address, here or in a conversation. Need to share via wetransfer or so as pretty big.