• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Samsung MX225 (grey market machine)

GODSDOZER

Occupation
Dirt Contractor
Hello guys. I have a 1999 Samsung MX225 I bought from United Rental in 2005 in Houston , Tx. supposedly, United Rental bought several of these units off the Houston port from china. It is a grey market machine. Romco Inc. is the dealer I buy parts from. They say most parts are interchangeable with a Volvo EC210B and other Samsung machines made for sale in America. The machine is great shape, and has never given me any trouble other normal things over the years.

NOW TO BAD PART

I was using it one day , shut it down because I broke a cylinder hose on the boom. Came back a few days later to repair the hose . When I cranked up the machine, Nothing worked but the engine. No turntable, no track motors, no boom..............NOTHING. The day I broke the hose it spewed hydraulic fluid everywhere. When I came back a few days later and cranked the machine, I noticed there is not much IF ANY pressure where the leak was the day I broke it. In other words, seems the pump is not pumping.

SIDE NOTE :Now the machine has been sitting for a year and half and I see a lot of water mixture in the hydraulic system. I do not believe it is from condensation.

I called my friend at the dealership and he said

1. check the safety switch at the drivers seat to be sure it is working. ( I think I did it correctly and it seems to be functioning correctly).

2. He said it could be a pilot valve. (well, I'm not real sure what a pilot valve is or where its located) secondly, it looks like there are a zillion valves on that machine ! :)

Any ideas where to start to diagnose the problem ?

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.

GODSDOZER

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Gosdozer
Suggest you begin check the pilot pressure (the small pump sitting at the end of the main pumps) There should be a test point you are looking for about 35-40 bars at Idle(500-570psi). The control lock out solenoid is close to the tank where the pumps are located. Normally this has a manual override so its easy to check out, a cable tie is useful if you are short of help. You can find illustrations and info for free at excatech.org
Kind regards
Uffex