• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

saftey run amuck?????

special tool

The big difference is the fact that workers are covered by insurance when they are on the job ( WorkSafeB.C.). Insurance companies don't like to pay, they just like to collect premiums. If a company has a claim, their premiums will be raised until they pay the cost of it.

It seems like the premiums are mostly spent on lawyers, buildings and inspectors.

Now your talking...God bless lawyers and their huge contributions to society.:rolleyes:

behive

Occupation
silage contractor
All these OSH regs are designed to protect ****wits,end of day you can't do that.Inexperienced people go to day course,get licence ,now legal. Experienced operator ,no licence,illegal,that is issue for some people in NZ i.e.
agriculture.
You wonder if these policy bureaucrats were clever pricks at school,go on to varsity (real clever pricks),then get office job and never worked in real world.
Geoff

Last edited by a moderator:

2stickbill

Occupation
Sniffin diesel fumes.
Never seen an excavator with tail lights...

You have to have them to get you Safety Inspection Sticker. For when your driving down the Highway.Allso Brake lights and Turn Signals.
Realy a lot of the new machines heve them now.So far I haven't seen them on Dozers yet.But they will be next.

2stickbill

Occupation
Sniffin diesel fumes.
Now your talking...God bless lawyers and their huge contributions to society.:rolleyes:

These Lawyers are why a lot of people get hurt.Day dreaming about the big money.So many claim to be hurt that the Insurance Company's will hire somebody to follow you around with a Video Camera.Which is a good thing.To many people claiming to be hurt makes it hard on the Company and anyone that really gets hurt.

Janni

Sounds like U have Goverment on your back bunch commies nothing else to do but look where they can steer s***t up.........it is in the budget to have safety inspector that don't know how the equipment works ............

expatracer

Occupation
hoe operator
i think one of the biggest problems is the goverment makes the rules then these indvidal companies like the one i,m doing the job for decided they know better and can go one step further so if WCBs height is 10ft they will make it 6ft soon we wont be able to climb in owe machines !!!!!:Banghead. For me to check my oil they wont me to right up a full report on how i intend to climb up there and the check my oil ?????? saftley and then climb back down. luckly i run a new JD350D it has level sensors then once a week i walk the machine out of there area and visual check it:D