• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Safety Relay

bindian

Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
I don't know yet. Haven't been down there to look at it. I seen those carcasses, one has the blade I'd put on it if we did buy this machine.
I read somewhere that the machines with the blade have drive motors that are heavier duty and not to interchange them. So that and the fact you need another set of ports on the swivel joint make it a hard job to add a blade.
Just add a hyd. thumb and keep an I beam handy for spreading dirt.
hugs, Brandi

bindian

Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
While loading on the trailer to go home, the main hose from the pump to the valve bank blew and I lost hyd. pressure. I was just about on the trailer where I chain it down, when I saw ground inside my right track. Next thing I knew, I was stepping out the slideup windshield opening on the side of the ditch. I tried to swing the boom around to stop my fall, but with low pressure there also, it just acted as an anchor.8-31-18 CAT On Her Side Rear View.JPG8-31-18 CAT Tracks Pointing Up.jpg 8-31-18 CAT Back Upright.jpg

I went home, got the Mahindra and kept thinking something would need to pull from the tow eye, while I lifted the boom with the FEL on the Mahindra. A dumptruck stopped by and said he could pull it after he got fuel. By then I had clearied trees for the Mahindra to position to lift the boom. I lifted the boom two feet by myself, looked at my friend and said,,,,,,,,"I'm gonna try it now". The Mahindra lifted (flipped?) the CAT back upright all by herself!

While lifting, I busted (sheared the bolt) the mount for the right boom light guard and tweaked the thumb and stick lines. The sight glass tube on the fuel tank came off, dumping 30 gallons of diesel while on it's side and the tank was tweaked on it's mounts. The hyd. tank didn't budge!

I was afraid it had caved in the radiator louvers into the radiator, but those were fine also. The light guard on the fuel tank is loose. I must have fell on the right sliding window, as the forward one was half out of the track. I tried to pop it back into the track with a 3 inch round cedar post, but it wasn't plexiglass like I thought. Yep, I shattered the glass into thousands of little shards.

The next weekend I replaced both pump hoses and took out 6 more trees before the stick cylinder hose blew. It showered the cab and my feet with fluid. Seems I missed the tweaked hard line, when checking for damage, which pulled the hose too tight with the stick fully retracted. I changed that line Friday, between rain storms and with my seatbelt on, loaded her up and brought her home.

My home made thumb hard lines were bent when the Mahindra's loader bucket didn't raise as fast as the uprighting CAT. 8-31-18 CAT On Her Side Rear View.JPG 8-31-18 CAT Tracks Pointing Up.jpg 8-31-18 CAT Back Upright.jpg
hugs, Brandi

bindian

Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
I also gouged the side of the boom in front of the light mount. It is about a 10th of an inch deep. Should I blend out the gouge and weld a bead over it, or just blend it out, or just ignore it? 9-21-18 CAT Boom Gouge.jpg 9-21-18 CAT Boom Gouge Closeup.jpg 9-21-18 CAT Boom Gouge REAL Close.jpg
hugs, Brandi