• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Safety measures

steve221

Hi all,
I need your valuable suggestion on something. I am working the construction industry, it’s just been 5 months since I started, and I am mostly working in the site, and it involves a lot of risks, especially around the equipments. Last week, one of my colleague had a major injury, when one of the steel bars kept there, fell on his leg, and he has badly injure his knee now, and will be in rest for around 2 months. This happened mainly because he did not have proper safety measures, well, even I don’t use any. But, after this incident, I understand the importance of having proper safety measures. I am planning to purchase them, and have been checking online, and have found these, http://shop.mistersafetyshoes.com/collections/mens-6-boots, but I am confused between 6” and 8” one’s. Which would be ideal one? Also, I want to know about hard caps. I have never used these, and do not know much about them.