• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

S300 Bobcat Drive motor leaking into chain case

Stillridin

I have a S300 skid steer S/N 525812732.
The hydraulic motor has 10 Allen head bolts mating it to a gearbox that’s bolted to the chain case, I’m guessing? Or is that whole unit the drive motor? The chains have no master link and I’m not sure if I can cut the chain and add a master to it? Or what do I have to do to get the motor/gearbox out? Any help would be much appreciated.

Tinkerer

I do not.
But it is available directly from Bobcat online.
Open the link I am posting.
Type in S160 where it says model number.
Select the box for your particular serial number.
Then on the left hand column select which component you need to look at.
LINK
The entry page should look like this ---->160.png

Nikos_23

I do not.
But it is available directly from Bobcat online.
Open the link I am posting.
Type in S160 where it says model number.
Select the box for your particular serial number.
Then on the left hand column select which component you need to look at.
LINK
The entry page should look like this ---->View attachment 255594
i cant open , access denied.

Tinkerer

Most likely due to your location.
If you use a VPN you could choose a location in North America.
I will try to find a downloadable manual in .pdf format for you.
Check back here tomorrow and I will most likely have it.

Last edited:
Reactions: DB2

Tinkerer

Nikos;
I have uploaded the service manual for your S160 to my Google Drive.
The Kubota engine service manual is a separate manual and is not part of the machine service manual.
I have uploaded them also to my Google Drive.
If you send me your email address in a PM (private message) I will send you a link (invitation) to download them.

Stillridin

Did you get it repaired ??
I did. The seals in the gear boxes that are attached to the drive motors where blown out. When I first started on this machine someone had already been in it before me. They had taken the case drain out and cleaned it and housing and put it back. So when I looked at it,it looked good and I didn’t think twice about it. Until running a bunch of tests. I put a gauge on the case drain housing before the filter, pressure steady rising past 170psi I shut it off put it on after the filter no pressure at all. Took the filter out ran it. Verizon low pressure almost none. Even though the filter looked clean. It was packed. Good learning experience. And Thanks again for the help.

So the case drain blows the seal or it bypasses into chain case I know 250 apart now it bolted in by hand of god tight I think he got last bolt some lil guy got in there could use a foot I was bending bars and ratchets to the full extent I could with Snapon 1/2 bar wouldn’t crack it loose

Stillridin

So the case drain blows the seal or it bypasses into chain case I know 250 apart now it bolted in by hand of god tight I think he got last bolt some lil guy got in there could use a foot I was bending bars and ratchets to the full extent I could with Snapon 1/2 bar wouldn’t crack it loose
So since the case drain was clogged, it build pressure up in the gear boxes and blew the seals out. They are hiflow case drains which means if that fluid from the gear boxes don’t have a place to go it builds pressure. Sorry it took so long to get back to you.