• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

s185bc

sandy

Occupation
diesel mechanic
Had to fix one today, one of the hoses come off the oil cooler. what a mess oil everywhere sprayed directly into the air intake
oil dripping out of air filter, engine cylinders full of oil
any body else had this.

Dufoman

yep - had one last week

Had a hose blow off on my t190... enough oil went directly into the rubber air scoop, that it hydrolocked a cylinder and bent a rod...can not believe enough oil went thru the filters and turbo that could do this... but it did... consider you lucky if you only ended up with a dirty engine... my unit had only 500 hours on it...i contacted Bobcat and they said there were no issues with that type of connection...I have 4 Bobcats and this is a first for me... I am going to put a hose with two clamps on the outside of this connection, just it case it happens again...pulling the engine and changing a rod on a new unit just because of a design flaw, is not much fun...it would be interesting to see if others had also had this problem, cause i noticed that your post is a few months old with no replies

Stick Pro

My cousins t190 had the same prob and it got oil on the exhaust some how and cought the thing on fire, that is the second time this machine has been on fire due to oil leaks. Our s185 has had this prob but it just leaked oil everyware.

CAT D8 N

Well good for you.

I had a problem today with my S175, it keapt stalling after it gave a low oil engine preasure warning, it strated out by giving a 4-22 code eror then 4-14 then it reached 4-15 as final cut off due to extreemly low oil engine preasure as it said. Its a 2007 and in grate condition and well kept. The issue I mentioned has come up only when I instaled an Auger on it and started to dig some holes. I got the service manual for the specific code it had gave warning to and now am truing to go over it to get it fixed. My only problem is that it is my first B.C and have never unscrwed a single bolt off of it.
The manual says check the "Oil pressure sender connector" where is that located??