• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

S. Madill, Blacksmith, Founded in 1911 in Nanaimo BC

Beekster

Occupation
retired
Thanks for the tip, Alleyoop! I'll give him a call tonight and see about getting down there to fill the camera and a notepad. It will be quite a while before the model really gets going, but I'll try posting some pics in the models section as it progresses. Have to check about file sizes first; my camera takes .jped files about 3MB and I'll probably have to resize them in the camera before uploading.

log big

madill equipment have been out since 1911 making logging yarders log loaders and bunchers what's new for madill:D:D

JeremyM70

Occupation
Electronics Tech
madill equipment have been out since 1911 making logging yarders log loaders and bunchers what's new for madill:D:D

Madill went out of business for several years, another company Nicholson bought them and is starting to build new equipment. Read the article, it explains it better than I can.

jackd

Occupation
Airline Mechanic
Sayward

Artsie shot taken by fellow rider of floating logging camp with a little bit of the Y-13 showing to the side.

Attachments

• Sayward.jpg
    Sayward.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 1,267

Kiwisurfer009

Occupation
Part Owner of 3 Crews
123-13 Was owned by Mook Honeck in New Zealand as I cut for that swing yarder for 3 years. That was 10 years ago but Im sure he still owns it. He had bought another one before I left that came from Alaska. Was a little rough but will find out which one it was. I cut for that one for 6 weeks as I was training some fallers for the job.

furpo

I think Honecks still have 123-12. There is a photo of it in Cookes Rotorua. Talked to the sales man about it the other day.

Kiwisurfer, you don't happen to go by the name Surfy Kev do you?

Kiwisurfer009

Occupation
Part Owner of 3 Crews
Nope . My name is Glen chatterton. Lived in rotorua when i worked for Mook. Frank Hartley was my best mate and worken for mook also. For sale no 12 is? How much?

lpnt65

Occupation
Retired
Hi Kiwisurferoo9, it is many years since i was in NZ working ,i knew the Honecks relative he called himself new Zealand Forest Farmer, he wrote a Short book about farming the forest, those time Pines had not started to be used only Native timber..
Another question you may be able to answer for me their was a family of loggers , killed on way home from work I seem to recall that they were good axemen , at one time i presented trophies to them at an axeman event in Taupo , But i can not think of
Their Name , maybe you can help me thanksOh and would you remember Bill Reed a Canadian who move back to canada Regards Lesp

Last edited:

furpo

Nope . My name is Glen chatterton. Lived in rotorua when i worked for Mook. Frank Hartley was my best mate and worken for mook also. For sale no 12 is? How much?

Hi Glen

There was a guy worked for by father who went by that name. From your user name I incorrectly guessed it might be you.

I don't know about 123-12. The photo is a display one in their shop.

Kiwi Logger

Mook works for us in Northland and has done for a few years now, the 123 that he brought in quite a few years ago he sold to JNL who logged with it in Northland for several years then brought it down here to Gisborne where they did an extensive rebuild and I mean real big down to last nut and bolt was in the workshop for over 12 months I think it came out looking brand new, I think it worked real well for the last 6months but unfortunatly ended up on its side on thursday so back to the shop!!!

Roadswitcher

Hi Glen

There was a guy worked for by father who went by that name. From your user name I incorrectly guessed it might be you.

I don't know about 123-12. The photo is a display one in their shop.

123-12 was originally brought in (used) for Ribbonwood via Goughs about ten years ago - by the way, how is Ribbonwood going these days.

Kiwi Logger

This particular one I will keep my opinions to myself for now, but I have always believed that if a Yarder is rigged correctly it will never tip over , every Yarder that I have seen lying on its side I would have to say is operator error in some way, poor stump selection, bad knotching of stumps, logging outside of manufactures specifications, overloading skyline, poor maintenance ( using damaged guylines etc) etc etc. Some people may disagree, but in theory if you go by the book you shouldnt go wrong. Thats my philosophy anyway!!

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
this particular one i will keep my opinions to myself for now, but i have always believed that if a yarder is rigged correctly it will never tip over , every yarder that i have seen lying on its side i would have to say is operator error in some way, poor stump selection, bad knotching of stumps, logging outside of manufactures specifications, overloading skyline, poor maintenance ( using damaged guylines etc) etc etc. Some people may disagree, but in theory if you go by the book you shouldnt go wrong. Thats my philosophy anyway!!

x1000000!

furpo

Ribbonwoods from outside appear to be going well. They are one of the big three contractors in the Hancocks system. They also have other crews with other forestrey companies. Some are in partnerships.

123-12

Hey guys we are currently running 123-12 im operating it for Sutherland logging who purchased it off Ribbonwood last year.At the beginning of last year i was operating 123-02 for C&j harvesting,which is now near Dargaville i think.When i learn how to post photos i will post both machines.

furpo

Welcome to the forum. You have to make a few posts before you are able to put photos on. I was at RAL the day your hauler went on the transporter.

Just noticed KiwiSurfer was talking about 12313.

Occupation
Running Supersnorkel
075 sitting on lowbed with drivers side front, broken walking beam u bolts on lowbed

Attachments

• lowbed 001 (Small).jpg
    lowbed 001 (Small).jpg
    69 KB · Views: 1,180
  • lowbed 002 (Small).jpg
    lowbed 002 (Small).jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 1,152