• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

S. Madill, Blacksmith, Founded in 1911 in Nanaimo BC

Blk prince

Occupation
Truck driver semi retired
"Combination" went new toCZ Nitinat. Sold to Bert Brown of BCB Logging,Lake Cowichan. Original idea was one cab,one operator for loader and Yarder..that failed second cab was added and two operators. Worked fairly well. Tower was not able to move to a new setting until loader had finished the pile among other things.

Blk prince

Occupation
Truck driver semi retired
Just want to throw this out. I do not have a date but Richie Bros.are setting up for an auction in downtown Nanaimo. This is the site of the ,now gone,CIPA Sawmill,just south of the Seaspan barge facility

HDX

Blk prince Will see you there Just might have a sick day about that time LOL. I see the H160 Pacific is in there tied to a lowbed. I posted pictures of her in her IPL color scheme back when Pete was driving her at Sarita. Hope she comes back home to us. Wouldn't even have to paint her, Just leave that lowbed right there!!! Hint Hint Check out the lowbed tires and availability first before anything else more Hint Hint

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
Blk prince Will see you there Just might have a sick day about that time LOL. I see the H160 Pacific is in there tied to a lowbed. I posted pictures of her in her IPL color scheme back when Pete was driving her at Sarita. Hope she comes back home to us. Wouldn't even have to paint her, Just leave that lowbed right there!!! Hint Hint Check out the lowbed tires and availability first before anything else more Hint Hint

Would the H160 be ex Timberwest #40-140 ex BCFP #6-264

HDX

Would be nice to see her back with the fleet again!! Was told 6-250 might be sold to an outfit in alberta, They were coming out to look at her this week Sad to see them scattered all around like a mad woman's sh#t. At least there will be ONE put away for safe keeping. Every spare minute I get, I spend looking for missing parts and such for her. Mrs HDX took her for a drive on the weekend and was very impressed. Did comment on her being somewhat louder than old 17.

skadill

People Picture

Hopefully someone knows someone here in the photo or it brings back a distant memory

Attachments

• 111111.jpg
    111111.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 1,099

donkey doctor

Occupation
retired
Hopefully someone knows someone here in the photo or it brings back a distant memory
I've got a copy of the picture with the names of almost almost every person in it. Mr. Madill is in the front row in white shirt in front of the radiator. Picture was a Christmas gift to everybody at the retirees breakfast group from Bill F who took the time and trouble to find out who everyone was and make a numbered sketch with all the names on it. Christmas 2009. Taken at the old downtown shop between 1967/1960 before the fire. E series spar. d.d.

Last edited:

donkey doctor

Occupation
retired
How many in picture from Ladysmith?
Not me. I didn't start till 68. Of all the guys still there that I knew and worked with the only one I know was from Ladysmith is Howie Davis. You really have to squint up your eyes to even see he is there. He is hiding between the radiator and the post beside it. in the shadows and almost behind the post. Brian hadn't started there yet either although he started before I did. d.d.

donkey doctor

Occupation
retired
I can just see him. Shy type. What about Jack Gill?
Don't see Jack on the sketch.Only 3 people in pic with no name. Pretty sure Bill and the guys who helped him name everyone would have known Jack. Not sure when he started but he was there before me. I think I would recognize him in the pic unless he is one of the ones hiding like H.A. d.d.

donkeydoc

photo

Don't see Jack on the sketch.Only 3 people in pic with no name. Pretty sure Bill and the guys who helped him name everyone would have known Jack. Not sure when he started but he was there before me. I think I would recognize him in the pic unless he is one of the ones hiding like H.A. d.d.

pretty sure that is my aunt Audry in photo. the women with the flower prints on her dress.

skadill

Madill Shop

Cutting swing gears for what must be an 044 Grapple yarder

Attachments

• img317.jpg
    img317.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 797
  • img318.jpg
    img318.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 783

Occupation
Running Supersnorkel
Old Madill factory photo.Notice the nice red mufflersView attachment 143732

This must be one of the first ones built , No bulge on the door for the witchita cooled tag, and no Quincy compressor on the deck or battery box. And the air cleaner is not where the newer one have it mounted. and the counter weight looks funny or is not there. Also is set up for super snorkel with the small undercarriage (085). Looks like Port McNeills first Madill 075 1316