• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

S-175 cab door switch

sierradmax

I recently purchase a used S-175 with low hours. The machine doesn't have a cab and I purchased a new glass door for the machine. I will fabricate some Makrolon/Polycarbonate panels for the sides of the cab. Does anyone have a wiring diagram where the door switch safety goes to?

crewchief888

I recently purchase a used S-175 with low hours. The machine doesn't have a cab and I purchased a new glass door for the machine. I will fabricate some Makrolon/Polycarbonate panels for the sides of the cab. Does anyone have a wiring diagram where the door switch safety goes to?

the door harness plugs into the cab harness behind the LH dash panel.
but...

some models do NOT have a deluxe cab harness installed from the factory.

without the deluxe harness, there's no place to connect the door harness.

:drinkup

sierradmax

So, then what's the difference between a deluxe cab and a standard cab? Sorry, I don't know the difference.

crewchief888

a machine that has ACS or an enclosed cab, heat and/or a/c from the factory will have a deluxe cab harness installed.

some open rops mahines only had a std harness installed.

check around in back of the LH dash/headlight area for a harness connector thats not connected to anything.
i believe it's a square 6 or 8 pin connector.

early machines did not have a door switch on them at all.
early software versions probably dont support the door sensor, but i cant remember when the door sensors were introduced.

:drinkup