• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Running 17 ZTS indoors

jw3

Occupation
Plumber
I am a plumbing contractor by trade, I a questionable about some upcoming work and need a little input. I have an interior finish out coming up, and they have already installed the storefront. I can get my 17 inside, but of course I am concerning about carbon monoxide buildup inside the lease space. If I placed a couple of large shop fans in the front and back doors do y'all think I could work for a couple of hrs and not be hurt? I just don't want to create myself a problem, just trying to save some back work if at all possible. Yall's input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.

thebig450es

A couple fans should work great, i'd go an buy a CO dector that way you would know when the levels are getting dangerous.

SeaMac

Occupation
Operator
Not knowing how things are done in Texas but here in my area, if you run any engine in a closed unventilated area and a Building Inspector of Fire Marshal shows up, the job is shut down immediately then there's a lot of yelling. Carbon Monoxide is an insidious killer, you can't see it or smell it, you get tired, dose off and never wake up. My advice, rent some 36" or 48" floor fans, have one arranged to blow air in say at the rear of the build-out and the other blowing out at the front. You'll have a change of air which will keep the carbon monoxide at safe levels and I think a detector is a great idea just in case. Good luck and be careful...

xcmark

Occupation
construction
I have had good luck also removing the return air door off the roof top unit and using it to push 100% outside air in the space along with the fans in the doors. The air quality monitoring system will be mostlikely the only real way to keep track of whats going on. headaches are one of the first signs of exposer