• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Rubber floor mat

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
Is there any companies out there who make an aftermarket floor mat for my kenworth? $900 for a rubber mat in a day cab seems a little bit expensive.

crane operator

At $450 and a "maybe" fit right? Vs. $900 and it will for sure fit?

I don't know - are the KW all the same basic cabs with just different hoods and frame?

1693TA

Occupation
FAA Radar Engineer, (Retired)
That is usually what I do along with a section of 32oz sq. yd. weight "Jute" backing and vinyl top contact adhesive to glue them together. Thin "fan fold" styrofoam insulation makes for an easy pattern to cut from, as does silver foil bubble wrap insulation.

RenoHuskerDu

A friend works at a rock quarry. The generate a LOT of used heavy conveyor belt. If one part tears, apparently the whole chunk goes on the scrap pile.

He brought us a good chunk, we pressure washed it, used a cardboard template in the cab to cut it, and now it's a nice heavy floor mat in my 1984 International S2500 dump truck. Really quieted down the tranny and road noise.

FYI