• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Roos Master Fuel Injection Pump Question

JL Sargent

Yeah, I think there is a coil under that cover that moves a pin to open fuel flow in the pump. Now, exactly how it is wired I don't know. Below is a picture I found on the net of a similar pump and you can see the coil under that cover.
th

Delmer

Typically both leads for the coil are brought out, just connect one to ground and the other to your "on" wire.

That way you can hook a safety switch into the ground side also, for various controls I guess.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Just for fun I would use an ohms meter and check between each one and the housing of the pump. If both show "open" in other words "infinity" that would tell you there is no internal grounding of any component.

Then next check the ohms between the two of them. I'm guessing "ohms' will be pretty low indicting they are connected to a coil inside.

Then connect one of those terminal to a negative terminal of a batter and the other to the positive and listen for a "click" when you make contact, that would indicate the coil is opening or closing something inside.

doghead

Does it run now? Or, do you have a problem with shutting it off?

BillHoughH30G

I had a problem with it starting. (without the use of starting fluid)
there is 4 wires going that way 2 with a clip that "could" can fit. But I don't know if or which goes where.
But I just re-installed the pump. I just pulled the glow plugs going to clean those up while I take a break

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
The connection ON TOP is the electric shut off.. w the key ON u should have a constant 12v..
The connector on THE SIDE is a cold start solenoid.. it only comes on while starting.. once the engine starts n warms up it drops to 0 volts..
Everything is grounded thru the pump body.. NO NEED to run any grounds.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
The connection ON TOP is the electric shut off.. w the key ON u should have a constant 12v..
The connector on THE SIDE is a cold start solenoid.. it only comes on while starting.. once the engine starts n warms up it drops to 0 volts..
Everything is grounded thru the pump body.. NO NEED to run any grounds.
Glad you showed up, I tried looking online but could not find anything but then I probably would not know it if it bit me on the nose!

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
Smart money says to JUMP THEM BOTH off the battery.. it’s sittin right there.. lol THEN figure out what’s what, after u get it running.
Don’t forget to unplug them when ur done.. or they’ll fry..