• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Rookie question about TK

GFMotorsports

So what is the allowable operating grade that my tb135 can operate at? Meaning if its crazy steel what are the machine limitations before I tip this beast.

joispoi

There's no "rule of thumb" for what angle you can operate an excavator at. The center of gravity is constantly changing with every movement of the bucket. An operator error can put a machine on its side on solid level ground.

GFMotorsports

I guess my main concern are the fluids not level and running the pumps dry if that's possible. I know if that oil pickup sucks air I'm in trouble.

GFMotorsports

My boss wants me to pretty much operate it on a 45 degree angle and I'm not thrilled cause I just
Bought the machine and really don't wanna mess up a pump or engine.

xcmark

Occupation
construction
have him come by the job and show you...... at 45* if you dont have the blade down hill and burried all the way down I dont see this being a good idea! I wouldnt worrie to much about the pump but the motor is a differnt story. most OEM i think say 30*

GFMotorsports

Yeh I think I'm going to try tier it off 1/3 of the way up. We shall see. Ill take pics for amusement purposes.