• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Roadside clearing

ddigger

Occupation
contractor,owner operater
We just wraped up a nice little project. Clearing for line of site and hazard trees, very close quaters with live traffic and utility lines to deal with. Funded by the feds.
070.jpg

01410.jpg

0215.jpg

0811.jpg

0822.jpg

I hope everything loaded ok, I`m better at running my excavator than this computer!

Last edited:

powerjoke

Occupation
owner/operator/estimator/mechanic/grunt/ditchdigge
I am surprised they let you do that with a track hoe instead of a wheel machine.

i would like to have a progressive link thumb on my lil machine instead of the stiff link I got.

Good job.

Pj

rino1494

Are you grinding the stumps down ?? Last winter here, a 16yr old girl was killed when she crashed into a stump that was left in the ground. She was found with her cell phone in hand in the middle of a text.

special tool

Are you grinding the stumps down ?? Last winter here, a 16yr old girl was killed when she crashed into a stump that was left in the ground. She was found with her cell phone in hand in the middle of a text.

Just took out some rock today to prevent that kind of thing.
6 inches from the edge of the asphalt - soft piece of ledge.

ddigger

Occupation
We sure do. Before we move to the next location or group of trees, the grinder does his part!

Attachments

• 074.jpg
    074.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 536

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Those are some great pics ddigger. :)

Hard to tell by the pic, but that looks like a Mimosa tree your taking down.

ddigger

Occupation
ATCOEQUIP Those are some great pics ddigger.

Hard to tell by the pic, but that looks like a Mimosa tree your taking down.
Thanks for that, but the tree we are taking is the tall pine the climber was working on, I was just tucked under that tree waiting my turn. I`ve got other pics just didnt want to bore anyone!

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
LoL, yeah, I was talking about the tree that I now know you were tucked under waiting your turn. :D Looks similar to a tree that grows in this part of the country. I must say, those are some very large pine trees near power lines that you guys are taking down. Around these parts, they wouldn't allow a pine that size to be near lines, it would have been on the back of a pulpwood truck long time ago. Must be a California thing. :cool:

D5G

Great video! Looks like an interesting job. Did they have to close the road every time the brought down a tree?