• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Rip pr450

milling_drum

Occupation
asphalt mill operator (ret)
And end to a rear loader.

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 479
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 427
  • photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 432
  • photo4.jpg
    photo4.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 431
  • photo5.jpg
    photo5.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 434

bill5362

Occupation
I own a excavation company and a rolloff container
I have a couple of machines in my yard that I need to scrap, its just a shame prices are so low right now for scrap. An excavator, platform lift, an old pull behind sheepsfoot.

dumpchuck

Occupation
heavy equipment mechanic
What was the reason for scrapping? That machine doesn't look to be in very bad shape, although I don't know squat about paving equipment.

milling_drum

Occupation
From what was told to me, that machine was purchased from the city of San Antonio, TX. and used well past its means of productive capacity. The Government gives out subsidies to companies who update equipment and dispose of the older on their own. (not resell)

Rear loading mills were ok in the day. The newer mills have alot of features that the older mills simply cannot compete with which directly relate to job productivity.

milling_drum

Occupation
Noticed that in the third picture down, the Wirtgen in the background has the ski's off it. In the fourth picture (C-4) W2200 is in the background in a Different position. The next Pic is that KW tractor.

My first day at Texop, I loaded a coupla trucks with a W2100.(spent all day in Ft. Worth) Spent the other half of the day on the ground with the W2200. At 6 pm the KW tractor shows up and we load the W2200, the lowboy driver and I head to Beaumont,TX. 2 days in Beaumont. 1 day in Pt Arthur.(all total removals) Drove back on Sunday. 80 hours my first week.

The jobs we did would have been impossible (or taken a week) with that PR450.

Last edited: