• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ride Control

case 580sm

Occupation
full time backhoe operator
Video was pretty nice to watch. I have ride control on my 580sm and its a dream. I need to get it repaired though, i guess it leaked or has other damage to it. Anything you lads would know of?

Thanks guys let me know

d4c24a

Video was pretty nice to watch. I have ride control on my 580sm and its a dream. I need to get it repaired though, i guess it leaked or has other damage to it. Anything you lads would know of?

Thanks guys let me know

we have had that problem with one of ours , and it was a relay , so check the obvious first
sorry cant tell you which on it was though

cheers graham

Deon

Thanks guys let me know
case 580sm, With your Ride Control, do you notice an improvement in ride with an empty loader bucked while traveling on the road? If so, how much improvement is there?

case 580sm

Occupation
Hey lads thanks for replying,

When my ride control is on there is no improvement when travelling on the road.I don't know why, maybe a leak or broken part could be the problem, I'm also going to take a look at the relays and all the wiring.

Thanks

Deon

Hey lads thanks for replying,

When my ride control is on there is no improvement when travelling on the road.I don't know why, maybe a leak or broken part could be the problem, I'm also going to take a look at the relays and all the wiring.

Thanks

case 580sm, I must re-phrase my question. I do not have Ride Control on my TLB. What I was trying to learn is whether I want to pay and upgrade to one. So my question is, when Ride Control is working well, does it improve the ride on the road while the loader bucket is empty? If so, how much?
Sorry I can't advise you to what may be wrong with yours. I have no experience there. All I can suggest is if the problem came on slowly then your accumulator is probably leaking. If it came on suddenly, you probably have a solenoid malfunction. Maybe a wire connection, fuse or switch problem.

case 580sm

Occupation
Oh sorry deon, I read that post incorrectly oops. I've operated new case backhoes with ride control, and it does help a lot going over bumps and rough terrain. I would spend the money if I were you for the ride control. I've only operated case machines all my life so I wouldn't know how it would work on your deere or caterpillar backhoes, but everything these days is pretty compatible with eachother so you wouldn't be dissapointed.