• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Requested info on dsl Inj class

thabull

Occupation
owner of diesel injection repair shop & mobile rep
I offer this priceless class with tons of benifits,like plenty of contacts to dsl inj. parts at wholesale prices, I offer follow up calls ( example you get back home get to repairing a pump,turbo or injectors run into a snag call me) I never leave anyone hanging. aprox. Prices on parts / cav kit $12-cam ring 65-125 / head&rotor $100-200 / same for stanadyne&roosamaster / cat pump kits $35- plunger & barrel 30 / kubota kit $3 - p&b $25/ parts are cheaper than you think! Their easier to repair than everyone thinks ! I test all the pumps that I rebuild with a drill ( spin them to ck throttle ,shut off and volume operation ) The big scare tatict of calibration is not exactly true, For example a cav has 2 5/16 fine thread bolts that hold the calibration and they are so tight it takes an impact to get them loose. The calibration settings dont move.Sure I bought a used test bench but never set it up,cause I didnt need it! If your interested call some that have take the class Call Chris in Texas at Chattum tractor he traveled all the way to florida here to learn ( said he has been searching for this opp for years) He said they was sending 4 or 5 pumps out a week at a tune of.$600 each / What this means now is he keeps $3000 a week,that he was wasting! and if you work a full time job take this class and suppliment your income by repairing a pump or two in the evenings put a extra $1000 on top of your weekly income! But if your not sure call Cris 409-423-9881 TX or call me Mike 863-381-0538 FL

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
thabull, I have already set up a very similar thread as this one in shop talk for members to see what you have to offer. I cannot overlook starting an additional thread promoting the same service. We have established rules concerning promotion (solicitation) of products or services in forum rules as follows;

Aside from the "for sale" area, for member's personally owned goods, advertising of goods and services is not permitted unless sponsoring heavyequipmentforums.com. A vendor of goods or services may make one introductory post explaining their product or service and may answer questions about such within that thread. No further promotion of your product or service may be made without sponsorship. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, click “Contact Us” at the bottom of any page.

The thread that you already have at shop talk would be considered your "introductory post" describing the service that you have to offer, please allow it to be your introduction post for others to reply. If they are interested, they will reply. But please don't start any new threads about the service you are offering.

Thanks,
Willie59

thabull

Occupation
Hi Jack,No its not! and I will never let one out till Im 65 yr old and thats in 2027,sorry about that.But I would come to Ok. for a class of ten people! It is well worth for you to fly here.

02Dmax

I would never take an injection pump to someone who "works on them in the evenings for extra money" or someone who doesn't run them on a test stand after internal work, Just my 2 cents.

thabull

Occupation
Hi 02max ,have you ever seen inside of a pump,you are right to an extent cause I do run aprox.15% of the pumps on a Hartridge 10 hp test bench.When I was trained by a certified Stanadyne class ,They instructed that if you dont turn the super tight calibration screws 1/4 inch bolt with special threads that are cut to be tight at any depth, that the calibration will never be off on fuel volume.cav / lucas pumps has 2 5/16 fine bolts that hold the calibration, are tighter than the Stanadynes(same as roosamaster)Inline pumps there are some measuring involved .I do test each pump for air leaks,throttle response and fuel shut off.To backup my claim, the very first pumpshop in Orlando fl started in the late 40's agrees with me ,that the calibration dosent move without puting a socket or wrench on it.sometimes I have Nozzle masters run a pump for me @ $50 ea. But 85% of pumps just need the worn parts replaced or unstuck and cleaned up with nothing to do with calibration. With no disrespect intended 02Dmax if you have never been inside a pump, you dont know the real mechanics of a pump,but I would love to teach you!W/25yr exp. repaired cat ,komatsu,Bosch,simms,minimec,kubota,cav,lucas,Zexel,Nipondenso/ the list goes on well over 1000 pumps sucessfully repaired . I come to this site in good faith that there was a brotherhood of sort among us mechanics and I hoped to answer some fuel problems yall have,I started working on heavyequipment at age of 14,I was professional by 25 yr old as a mechanic not a parts changer,I have certifications in various fields of gas and diesel equip. In adition to answering fuel problems on this site , I wanted to offer this priceless knowledge of pumps turbos & injectors with this class to my fellow mechanics,but to learn you have to have confidence in your ability as a mechanic.Ive taught 14 yr old to 72 year olds. All Im asking is not to discriminate against for something you dont know about! I am willing to show proof to anyone with hundreds of references and a big part of them are professional diesel mechanics and tractor &equip.sales companies! Anyone can come to this months class in Macon Georgia.2 dy or 3 if it takes that.I like this forum and deserve to be here too! Just my 2 cents! THANKS!

thabull

Occupation
Hi Mitch thanks for that reply.the class is $1000 or $1800 for 2 people thanks mike

02Dmax

No disrespect meant to you either. I started working on equipment for money at age 15, I'm now 26 and have owned my own business and service truck for 5 years. My 23 yr old brother is an injection pump tech at a local diesel shop so I've seen the guts of pumps more times than I can count. Injection pumps are not strangers to me.

- How do you spin a pump with a drill when it takes at least a 5hp stand to spin most pumps? MAYBE you could check cranking like that, but thats it.
- How do you measure pump speed to set governor specs and make sure common governor issues AREN'T going to be an issue once its on the machine?
-And who chromes your h&r's to get them for 2-300 bucks?

Last edited:

thabull

Occupation
I have worked in a pump shop too, hell Ive owned one for 20 yr,and thats what you and your brother should be doing right now,this ole equipment will make a old man out of ya before your time!,Its the economy! people cant afford the high price expecially when they send alot of them to the shop,I just teach them how to repair a good percentage of pumps,turbos,injectors their self.Im 49 now and rebuilt my first engine at 12 and so on,at 15 started working on heavy equipment after school and summers,along with jobs at home,done the dealerships 1 sent me to stanadyne school, gm electronic fuel injection,many other classes too,1987 got back to yellow iron and ag equip.built some big bore power plant engines in 82, they was a trip! 2 were inline 8 cyl sulzer engines,what ya think about a 128 ton crank,32 ton intake 2 7 foot turbos, 42 inch pistons, the darn rod caps I think was 1200 pounds.I remember me and another polishing the crank with a 20 ft piece of 3 inch emory cloth took us 7 hours.those swiss/ germans were picky too. Top speed was 125 rpms! and it was 2 stroke! 37 years later I figured out I learned most of it from elder mechanics! I wish you luck in your career as a diesel mechanic,word of advice just try to be humble with it so It dont make you hard like it has alot us here probaly! Grandaddy said if ya like it you will be the best at it!

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Folks, I must insert my thoughts here. I have been liberal in bending forum rules concerning this thread concerning what thabull is offering, in injection pump training, as it could still be considered soliciting on forum for advancement of product or service. The rules state that a member be afforded a "complimentary post" describing the product or service a member has to offer, which this thread does. Therefore I have to yield to the letter of allowed practice in this respect. But what I cannot allow is a constant challenge of product/service being offered, a sort of titt for tat. If a member is interested in what thabull has to offer, fine, respond accordingly. But if this thread becomes a constant pissing match, I will shut it down. Please keep the discussion of this thread consistent with the manner and context of original posting.

Thanks, Willie59