• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Replacing single track shoe

jasonharville

Hey guys,
Thanks for the follow up. I didn't get email notification of the most recent replies for some reason so I'm late with my replies. I haven't done anything to the shoes yet. I did call the local Komatsu dealer and it sounded like they didn't keep any used inventory. I've finally been able to use the machine for a few hours and it seems to be doing very well. Most of the rest of the undercarriage seems to be in pretty good shape to my untrained eye. I haven't noticed any issues with snaking/popping while in use.

I'm still in awe of the amount of work that can be done with this machine in short order. I started working on establishing some logging/firebreak roads on my land and the work I did in 2 hours would have taken me 2 days with my Massey 255 w/front end loader. I'll try to post some pics/vids soon.