• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Replacing halogen with leds

Preppypyro

Hey guys and gals, for those of you with older hoes that have replaced the lights with leds, what lumens are you replacing your stock lights with? I have a 95 case sk, and recently my lights have been giving me trouble, so I want to rewire them all and replace with leds. Was even thinking maybe an led light bar.
Just wanted to see what others are doing before I start, maybe get some ideas!

reganj

I purchased a 4 pack of Nilight from Amazon for about 35 dollars. They are 4 inch cubes, they put out a good light pattern and have about 15 LED's in each cube. They are listed as 60 watt and 6000 lumen and I like them. For 35 dollars, if you do not like them u did not throw away much money. Hope this helps.

aighead

Dave, I've heard the same thing with cities that installed LED stop lights. After the first good snow they realized a benefit of old school bulbs.

Preppypyro

Thanks for the replies. I checked out those nilight, they are 60 watt 2700 lumens, about 50 bucks canadian for a set of 4, and Im sure 2700 lumens are brighter than what came factory. I think I will give them a shot.
For the snow melting on the lights, that is true for sure. Ive noticed it on other things I own that I use in the winter. I dont use my backhoe a whole lot in the dark in the winter though, and dont mind cleaning them off before use.
If anyone else has any other ideas or suggestions please fire away!

reganj

I double checked Amazon and the ones I ordered and received are 6000 lumen. They have 5 LEDs across top and 5 across bottom with 10 in the center, total of 20 LEDs. They are spot and flood. If I could figure out how to give you a part number I would, They cost 35.99 US

Preppypyro

I double checked Amazon and the ones I ordered and received are 6000 lumen. They have 5 LEDs across top and 5 across bottom with 10 in the center, total of 20 LEDs. They are spot and flood. If I could figure out how to give you a part number I would, They cost 35.99 US
Could you post the link of them?

56wrench

I don’t care for light bars. I like to aim individual lights where i need them. They are expensive but in the past i have used GROTE LED trapazoid or flood lights and used the original mount locations. When compared to the OEM halogens, they put a lot less load on the wiring and light switch which is good for longevity

reganj

If you walk me through how to post a link, I will try. I am computer stoopid. Or you can send me a Private Message with cell phone number and I can take a picture off Amazon and forward it to your phone.

ozarkag

Unfortunately lumen ratings are not an exact science. Even big name brands have issues with over rated lumen output. 2700 is believable, 6000 rated ones may or may not be brighter in real life.

Tinkerer

If you walk me through how to post a link, I will try. I am computer stoopid. Or you can send me a Private Message with cell phone number and I can take a picture off Amazon and forward it to your phone.
Highlight the web address in the search bar.
Copy it and paste in your post.
It would look like this--->

link.jpg

reganj

Unfortunately I can not figure this out,,, here is the description that Amazon lists----Nilight 4pcs LED Pods 4 inch 60W triple Row Flood Spot Combo 6000LM Light Bar Driving Fog Lights Off Road Lighting. They are 35.99 for a 4 pack or 17.00 for a 2 pack. See if this is helpful.

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
I've been monkeying around with LEDs for a few years now. I really like the light they throw and the efficiency, there's much less strain on the electrical system. My trouble has been trying to find an auxiliary light that lasts much more than 6 months. They're never watertight and I've even tried sealing them with polyurethane sealer. If someone has had better results let me know.

56wrench

The expensive LED lights are usually better than the cheap ones. The expensive ones i used never failed and stayed on the machine when i sold it

Legdoc

I have put Rigid Industries LED lights on my farm tractors, TLB, CTL, boats and utility vehicles. All are over 5 years old and not one problem. I believe they were made in USA and were priced accordingly.