• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Replaced Hyd Tank Filler

NH575E

Occupation
Retired Machinist
Got tired of my special tool NH hydraulic cap so I ordered a cap and flange from Hydro-Craft. Not sure what pressure the stock one is so I just rolled the dice and got a 3 lb model. This one is bayonet style instead of threaded. Flange was a perfect fit. I left the strainer basket out since I use a pump in the filler when I change fluid.

https://hydro-craft.com/reservoirs-accessories/filler-breathers/filler-breather-assembly-kit.html

Part number I ordered was HC-120-PB-3. Cost was 34.98 + $21.14 shipping = $56.12

IMG_2525.JPG
IMG_2527.JPG
IMG_2530.JPG

Toxic

looks good! the special new holland cap does get old fast when i gotta top off hydraulic fluid.

Swetz

Occupation
Electric & Gas Company
NH575E,

This is great information!, Thanks!
I remember a previous discussion on here centered around getting rid of the stock setup. Now you have confirmed it. They must be a problem, Messick's has 6 in stock. Also look at the price for the whole unit and then for some of the parts...crazy! You saved about $90 over stock by the time it is shipped and tax.

upload_2021-3-14_9-6-29.png

upload_2021-3-14_9-7-16.png

cosmaar1

Got tired of my special tool NH hydraulic cap so I ordered a cap and flange from Hydro-Craft. Not sure what pressure the stock one is so I just rolled the dice and got a 3 lb model. This one is bayonet style instead of threaded. Flange was a perfect fit. I left the strainer basket out since I use a pump in the filler when I change fluid.

https://hydro-craft.com/reservoirs-accessories/filler-breathers/filler-breather-assembly-kit.html

Part number I ordered was HC-120-PB-3. Cost was 34.98 + $21.14 shipping = $56.12

I too was thinking of replacing this... honestly not sure if the breather is working anymore. its been a week since you first posted.... is everything running smoothly?

NH575E

Occupation
Retired Machinist
It has been perfect. Seems to hold a little pressure on the system hot or cold. That tells me the tank and system is sealed and no leaks. Easy Peasy to open and close.

cosmaar1

It has been perfect. Seems to hold a little pressure on the system hot or cold. That tells me the tank and system is sealed and no leaks. Easy Peasy to open and close.
That sounds great. I think I’m going to take the tank off and cut out the toolbox leak and redo the breather set up entirely. Thanks!