1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Repairing creeping Bobcat

Discussion in 'Skid Steers' started by willie59, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Cookcountycummins

Cookcountycummins Member

Willie 59, how do i get that piece of the pump that is now sticking above the case back down? I took the seal plate off to replace the seal, i took the flat seal off and that part popped up and no will not go back down

2. Cookcountycummins

Cookcountycummins Member

Yellow arrow pointing to the part in question D32A6031-CE7F-4EF0-90A9-5C4316C737DA.jpeg

3. Cookcountycummins

Cookcountycummins Member

4. Cookcountycummins

Cookcountycummins Member

For anybody else that runs into this problem, i had to pry the square shaft towards the inside of the machine and lightly tap on that ring with a brass hammer to get it to seat back down then while tightening the seal plate down also gave it a slight pry to get the plate to mate with the too of the case, i tightened to 25ftlbs i dont know if thats correct but thats what they were torqued to before i removed them

5. Lee_in_Georgia

Lee_in_Georgia Active Member

Thanks so much, Willie59! This is a very well-done post and I all appreciate all the work you put into it.

We have a 2019 T450 that has this same problem. I thought it had been fixed under warranty but turns out the operator never took it in... so I may be doing this soon. Hopefully, the T450 will be approximately the same. Thanks again!

6. Juniorcash

Juniorcash New Member

Thanks I spent hours looking for info on this

Lee_in_Georgia likes this.
  7. muddog1975

muddog1975 Well-Known Member

Great thread! Thanks for sharing!

8. BenR

BenR New Member

Thanks for a great tutorial! I've replaced the centering blocks and spools on my 773 and put everything back together. Machine is up on blocks and when I try to start it to make final neutral adjustments it makes a grinding noise and won't start. The centering bars contact the spools and the pintle arms are tight. The service manual says back the torsion bushings off so they can spin freely, maybe that's my problem? The odd time I can get it to run for about 3-5seconds before it starts the grinding noise and stalls. Any tips you could offer would be greatly appreciated. Just a farmer trying to save some $$$.

9. willie59

willie59 Administrator

Service Manager
    That's because neutral is now out of adjustment from doing the repairs. Upon start up it's trying to drive with the parking brake engaged, which locks the parking brake because it's now under tension, you have to get that parking brake released so you can make the neutral adjustments by manipulating the sticks fore or aft slightly while cranking and releasing the brake. Only other option is to remove the parking brake locking plate until you make adjustment. Myself, I've always managed to get that brake released.

10. BenR

BenR New Member

Thank you for the response. I managed to get it released and neutral adjusted properly this afternoon. Next I need to figure out why none of the lights work.

11. LowBoy

LowBoy Senior Member

Owner, Iron Mountain Iron & Equipment (Transport)

Fantastic info willie...much appreciated. Mine does this ever-so-slightly...not enough to bother me just yet. I have a neighbor that has a New Holland skidsteer that was creeping pretty profusely, and he fixed it with a piece of mechanics wire looped around the drive handle, attached to the side window panel to hold the stick in neutral, lololololol...:D

12. willie59

willie59 Administrator

Service Manager
    LoL, as they say, necessity is the mother of invention. By far, my favorite that I've ever ran across was an old Bobcat 753 C series. Gas spring on the lap bar was dead. Easy enough, simply replace the gas spring, right? Nope, this customer rigged up an elaborate bungy system to support the lap bar. At first glance I shook my head a laughed, but once I used it in working on the machine, the damn setup worked absolutely perfect, just as good as the gas spring. I was impressed by the creative ingenuity.

Bobcat seat bar support.jpg

LowBoy likes this.
  13. LowBoy

LowBoy Senior Member

Owner, Iron Mountain Iron & Equipment (Transport)

Hahaha, that's exactly right; necessity being the mother of invention.
    I'll be honest...my lap bar safety didn't work when I bought it, and the guy I got it from told me it didn't right up front, as the parking brake doesn't work either. (This 843 has the parking brake pedal on the floor between the loader foot controls.)
    The lap bar issue doesn't really bother me, because my machine was evidently built for an Ethiopian guy. I'm fairly "thick", and that bar made me inhale as hard as I could, get the bar down and then exhale and I was stuck there with no wiggle room...so I decided to bungee the bar up to the ceiling and not use it at all, lol. I do use the seat belt though, when I get into situations where I need the stability... which is very seldom.
    I only use my rig around my yard mostly anyways, for lifting pallets and occasionally to grade the driveway, it's not out on many jobs and I'm the only one that runs it, so it's a little different story than having 15 guys jumping in and out of it all day.