• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Renting equipment for irrigation job

Beel

Was helping a fellow farmer buddy out and wanted to rent a small excavator and dozer from United Rentals, Sunbelt, or other. My questions is service! When the machine goes down how good are they about getting me back up within the same day? If its a serious issue, how good are they about replacing the machine to keep me going? Do rental agreements usually allow credits for long periods of downtime on their rented equipment? Are they quick to point the finger? I know I have not developed a relationship at this point, but schedule is important for this particular job.

One other thing, since I am not a contractor with General Liability, do the rental outfits provide insurance at a premium for damage or theft/vandalism? I am working in rural Miami. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!:usa