• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

removing CASE 360 trencher dual pump drive belt

gatorsby7

Occupation
retired
I'm trying to replace the Alternator Belt and Pump Drive (3 groove) Belt on a CASE 360 with a Deutz diesel engine. you have to remove the Piston Pump and Coupling in order to remove these belts. I tried following the service manual, but it only shows the procedure for a gas engine coupling. The diesel engine coupling is different. Anyway, I've removed the Piston Pump and removed the Snap Ring that is visible at the coupling. The ground drive pump mounting flange does not seem to pull off. Anyone ever done this?

thanks, Bill

gatorsby7

Occupation
retired
problem solved. I was able to thread bolts into threaded holes in the flange and slowly work the flange off so I could remove the two belts. Hopefully the flange goes back on without too much trouble.

Daniel Grannan

Bill, I have a case 360 trencher (Aspire is name on decal on hood) with same deutz engine I believe. Just ordered the drive belts for replacement because mine are worn through on some areas of the web. I notice you did this yourself. Any tips for the DIY job and anything else to replace while all this equipment is apart. I am close to you in Crystal River. Thanks Dan

Attachments

• KIMG0761[1].JPG
    KIMG0761[1].JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 8
  • KIMG0762[1].JPG
    KIMG0762[1].JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 8
  • KIMG0759[1].JPG
    KIMG0759[1].JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 8