• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Remove cat loader bucket pins

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Can you post a photo of the pins please. I think you may have cartridge pins but just need to confirm that. There was an update to a different type of pin IIRC.
Also a machine Serial Number would be a good idea.

Last edited:

Nige

OK, so you have cartrdge pins. Are you planning on re-using them or simply replacing the pins & collets with new.?

Attached the R&I procedure but if it has been on for any length of time it will not be as simple as the procedure makes out so prepare yourself for a challenge. To give you an idea the 4C-9634 Puller Stud is rated at 60 tons, the 6V-3175 puller is rated 55 tons @ 10,000psi. For your own safety please don't go using 1-1/4" diameter 12TPI all-thread bar, it WILL break.

Attachments

• Bucket R&I.pdf
    591.1 KB · Views: 13

Shimmy1

OK, so you have cartrdge pins. Are you planning on re-using them or simply replacing the pins & collets with new.?

Attached the R&I procedure but if it has been on for any length of time it will not be as simple as the procedure makes out so prepare yourself for a challenge. To give you an idea the 4C-9634 Puller Stud is rated at 60 tons, the 6V-3175 puller is rated 55 tons @ 10,000psi. For your own safety please don't go using 1-1/4" diameter 12TPI all-thread bar, it WILL break.

So, pardon my ignorance, but what is the reason for a design that makes it a almost biblical undertaking to remove a bucket from a machine? Was this design intended to be lifelong solution?

gwhammy

I've tried a treaded puller on them with no luck. I think I finally torched the collet out but don't really remember. I know I spent several days fighting it. The ones on a 973 have three fine thread holes to use bolts in. Did one in around 4 hours last week. I would get new ones with the new pin.Good luck.

Nige

I've tried a treaded puller on them with no luck. I think I finally torched the collet out but don't really remember. I know I spent several days fighting it. The ones on a 973 have three fine thread holes to use bolts in. Did one in around 4 hours last week. I would get new ones with the new pin.Good luck.
There is a good reason why the recommended tooling for removing the collets includes a 55-ton rated hydraulic cylinder……