• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Recommendations

josephny

Hello,

I have a Komatsu D37 and a small Kubota excavator that I need to move less than 10 miles.

I don't have a truck, trailer or CDL A. I could get them, but I don't move these things often enough for it to make sense.

I was wondering how I could go about finding someone local with the appropriate equipment who can move these for me without it costing an arm and leg?

Or maybe there's another solution?

Thanks very much!

CatToy

I have found around me that towing company's about half of what guys who have a truck and trailer want to charge. I have also found a few tractor/equipment dealers willing to make a little money for local hauls if not busy.

lantraxco

I used to use a couple outfits that had steel rollbacks on tandem axle rigs, they could handle like 12 ton or more? Impressive. Also hydraulic dovetail equipment trailers, and the Landoll style trombone trailers. Where I'm at now though nobody local has that kind of equipment.

alskdjfhg

http://s1309.photobucket.com/user/mebunting/library/Moving the 5CK

Here is 15k on a tandem rollback. I think the max for this size truck is just over 20,000.

Few weeks ago I used the same guy to haul an 11k lb lathe. He loaded up around, 11, hauled it about 60 miles and was unloaded before 2. Cost exactly $500.

http://s1309.photobucket.com/user/mebunting/library/Moving%20the%20Pacemaker

Last edited:

Scrub Puller

Yair . . .

A little Komatsu dozer and a digger? These blokes did such loads back in the eighties, I don't see the issue.

If you have to, you fill and level off the loading hole with the digger once its on the truck

27.jpg

Cheers.

Last edited:

seatwarmer

Occupation
Enterprise Engineer
Scrub
I would love to see you history collection and listen to the campfire stories

Scrub Puller

Yair . . .

Gotcha seatwarmer. Thanks for the thoughts.

Most of what I've got is somewhere on this site. I never did take enough photographs and much of what I did have was destroyed in the 1974 Brisbane floods.

The thing is I have a very limited knowledge but it goes back quite a ways.

I probably have a different way of looking at things as we were less confined by protocol and correctness and some of my views and opinions are at odds with what is possible today.

This forum is a wonderful repository and archive of historical knowledge and pictures and I take much pleasure in coming over here to keep in touch with what is going on in the world of earth-moving and heavy trucking . . . I sometimes poke my bib in when I shouldn't but for the most part I only comment if I have something halfway useful to say.

I always wanted to get to Africa but I am afraid I never did.

Cheers.