• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Recip saw

badranman

Charter Member
Occupation
Owner Cutting Edge Construction Limited
I didn't know where else to post this so I stuck it here. I'm in the market for a cordless reciprocating saw. Probabaly an 18 volt model. It will mainly be used for cutting pipe, metal, wire etc. in remote locations. What are some suggestions on which model to get and why? I'm thinking DeWalt or Makita.

CT18fireman

Occupation
Owner
I buy all Dewalt, but I think this will end up being like which plow, trimmer, mower etc is best. Each person has their favorite. I use to have Makita stuff but I found it underpowered (comparing same voltages) and that the battery life was really short.

nobull1

Charter Member
Occupation
Same as interests
badranman said:
I didn't know where else to post this so I stuck it here.

How about a private message to me :bouncegri . The guy's at the Makita FSC are friends of mine who I worked with for years repairing Makita tools. They sell refurbs and talk straight.

Last edited by a moderator: