• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Rebuild air cylinder?

Orchard Ex

Super Moderator
The air cylinder on my tailgate latch has is leaking. Can they be rebuilt like you would rebuild a hydraulic cylinder? Anyone have a source for parts?

sheepfoot

If you have a hyd shop close by they should be able to repair it. Unless you have owned it since new, the dump body make may not help due to them being replaced or changed out also. You will need to pull it down to see what type of seals the vender used. Depending on the use and conditions the rod chrome could also be bad and the hyd shop or complete replacement be the only option. We use a lot of the Godwin dump beds, they have a good parts dept and ship quick when we need them.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Is it on your Pete with the Ox body? Ox has a pretty good parts department, I would check on the price of a new one. It might be cheaper than repair.

Orchard Ex

Super Moderator
Thanks guys,
I'll have to pull it to try and get a model number. CM - Yep, it's on the Pete with the Ox. They have several listed on the parts site. Fingers crossed that it will be the cheapest one. I'm betting that shipping will add a chunk to the price though. I guess we'll see this week.