• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Rebuild #2 Has Started Case 1845c

popsiclepete

Occupation
Mechanical Contractor
Looks good, you will have a his and hers once you're done. Does the better half know how to operate the skid steer? My wife has been hounding me since we bought ours and i still haven't taught her, maybe I'm scared of Job Security?

Larpy

Lol! Thanks! No she has not ventured into the seat yet but she does help me work on them as long as she does not chip a nail!

popsiclepete

Occupation
Mechanical Contractor
I do appreciate the work your doing and looking forward the posts. If required it sounds like she would good for touch painting if required.

Legdoc

Wow, the attention to detail! While I have an I-R 185 screw compressor and multiple spray rigs I envy your down draft spray room. I would be dangerous with one. I'd go broke buying media, epoxy and urethane but all my stuff would look new. Prior to blasting white I always round any edges by grinding and flap wheeling as the paint likes a radius much more than a square edge. Upcoming barn will have a small "poor man's"spray booth.

Larpy

Wow, the attention to detail! While I have an I-R 185 screw compressor and multiple spray rigs I envy your down draft spray room. I would be dangerous with one. I'd go broke buying media, epoxy and urethane but all my stuff would look new. Prior to blasting white I always round any edges by grinding and flap wheeling as the paint likes a radius much more than a square edge. Upcoming barn will have a small "poor man's"spray booth.
The benefits of my buddy owning an amazing high end body shop!

sims

Larpy;
Where did you mount the B/U camera display? I can't find a spot that I'm totally happy about.
Thanks;
SimS

Larpy

Larpy;
Where did you mount the B/U camera display? I can't find a spot that I'm totally happy about.
Thanks;
SimS
I always cover the opening in the top of the ROPS unit with Lexan and mount the monitor under the covered grate far enough forward so I can see it. Works great!