• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Real Manitowoc power

ben94f150

Occupation
fab
We all think of the mighty Manitowoc 31000. Very impressive machine. Yet we forget what made Manitowoc what it is today. Forget about those computers, fancy hydraulics, Fancy computer aided handles and levers to make the crane crawl and swing. Checkout the link. A very impressive crane the Manitowoc 2300 still being used to this day. For the speed crane is the first crane Manitowoc ever made enjoy. http://s1083.photobucket.com/albums/j383/ben94f150/Cranes/

gostr8r

Occupation
Full time crane operator for Crane Rental Corp sin
Neat little rig Ben. Reminds me a bit of the Speedcrane out in front of the main office too. When work gets too slow for it a guy could always use it for picking up girls!

ben94f150

Occupation
fab
yah babe magnet lol. roll up in the holiday in with this one.

gostr8r

Occupation
Full time crane operator for Crane Rental Corp sin
Speaking off rolling up at the Holiday Inn, I did take a Link Belt 238 model [or even smaller maybe, it's been many years ago] thru the lobby of a hotel in Tampa. We put the crane together and built a round 12 story building around it, like a tall tube, leaving the crawler in the inside atrium area. We used 2 big mobiles together to pull the boom and jib out, from the parking lot, then all the c/w's. So we got her down to the bare rig on retracted crawlers and with the gantry down and I backed it all the way thru the lobby with guys pushing all the ceiling light fixtures aside to miss the things on the rig's roof that were a bit too close. Went out the main entrance doorway and loaded it up on a lowboy in the street out front and got out of Dodge as quickly as we could.