• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Readying for the KW

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Only $99.25 for my piles of crap, but is $99.25 I did not have when took it in!! All but the smaller stuff as tubing still attached to hoses and a few odd pieces remain in the barn from the Donor, ALL the scrap at the house is GONE. Wednesday 2 more large trash bags hit the curb and the trash is done until the truck arrives and cleanout begins.

Hey Spud, I can recommend Mack Interior Guinea Green for the VOLVO, would make it Blend into the woodlot.

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
Only $99.25 for my piles of crap, but is $99.25 I did not have when took it in!! All but the smaller stuff as tubing still attached to hoses and a few odd pieces remain in the barn from the Donor, ALL the scrap at the house is GONE. Wednesday 2 more large trash bags hit the curb and the trash is done until the truck arrives and cleanout begins.

Hey Spud, I can recommend Mack Interior Guinea Green for the VOLVO, would make it Blend into the woodlot.
If I could find a sample I would be interested in seeing it. My heart is set on OD green for interior of anything, would love to on exterior but by the time one gets to asphalt it's the color of the clay dust.
I managed to bust the back window out on the hatch on the car when taking off yesterday, C25 120 plus CF tank flew back and busted it out and rolled across the highway. Called up few places for price of glass and came to conclusion, cheaper to buy a hatch for the car doesn't matter the color, needs a bed liner paint job on it anyways.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Busy morning, loaded up the organic stuff for the ditch, then set to burning all the paper stuff, shop is nice and roomy now.
IMG_8635.JPG

So while getting barrel cooking, coyote gets stupid and is out where I can see.
.243 One round, figured to 200yds, steadied up at post in foreground

IMG_8634.JPG IMG_8639.JPG
IMG_8636.JPG

petepilot

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Have had one that I am not thinking was this one getting really brave or maybe distemper coming within yards of the house but always out of shooting position, road behind, house behind etc. This one may have been a part of the infected as out in daylight, wide open area, within eye view of the house and saw me but discounted me as quickly. Better off dropped where it is, vultures will clean it up in a few days.

Oh and had to be cautious here too, photo of the field view from the house, can just make out the house thru the trees up and to left of shoot point post.

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
That's cool, I have never seen one of those. Are those just used for actual ranges or do you use them elsewhere?
They are used by us infantrymen in the military, if you catch a POG with one they were just wishing they had a use for it. Basically lays out sectors of fire based on azimuth so we don't shoot our own and helps with right shot placement based on distance per distance of lines and terrain features.

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
When sales people or just people in general enter the company shop they always comment on how
tidy it is. If I can't use it in the next six months in the scrap bin it goes, I can't stand clutter.

Your shop is tidy indeed. That's not a bad way to go. If I don't use something in sixty minutes I usually don't remember where I put it. I have spent days looking for something I know I have and never find it until a month after I go buy one.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Tool box reassembled, have to do some work on step supports and get a step, then add the latch box to the base and paint. Nice and square, Lid was trial fitted and the bolt holes all lined up!! I added bracing to the back wall to floor more for my own peace of mind as seemed a long length unreinforced.

IMG_8647.JPG

Huck tool worked SWEET!

IMG_8646.JPG

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Did get a start on the battery box, cheesy to say the least as to how was set up.

Started by squaring the Left Side panel, had been welded AND Bolted, Almost missed BOTH Panels when they drilled it.
IMG_8652.JPG

Then the Cover Bolt Bracket holes, they were NOWHERE near to a Set dimension, drilled a Pilot where I consider will be correct, then welded the old holes closed

IMG_8648.JPG IMG_8649.JPG IMG_8650.JPG