• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Readying for the KW

crane operator

OH! come one that will buff out with a little elbow grease!

s-l640.jpg
41YTLWOpjoL._AC_.jpg

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
I am STILL getting it done, Slower MAYBE but work still progressing!! I was not actively looking for work, could use a little distraction from time to time but did retire for a reason so not really looking to make a career here. Extra Money is good as ANY extra input of funds is handy but the OWNER of this company actually called and asked if I really meant would help out through bad times, and Yes, I did.
Gets back to the lack of ethics in our youth society, somehow, some way need to re-instill that into todays kids and get THEM pushing the pedals, climbing on machines, repairing and building our infrastructure and living support systems or will be none in short order. And NO, cannot robotics/remote control EVERY job.

And am LOVING the fix ideas, bad as they come but LMAO!!

Crummy

Coincidentally, my buddy and I were talking last night about the people we knew in my age group (55+) that had "retired" and are still working in some form or another- same thing, not looking but get a call and an offer for some "part time" work "oh what the hell it's some extra money"
We couldn't come up with anyone we knew that was really retired and tying flies in their basement to pass the time.

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
Not that I'll be there in foreseeable future, and men in my family don't live to late age. Nonetheless, I ponder retirement.
I imagine a vital retirement. I'd have enough money to spend a bit more than my corn flakes. No way in Hell I'll ever be bored! If I only acted on the activities I now know I want to do, I'd have to live to 110 years of age. Every day a new idea or two come up.

Don.S

My father repaired lift trucks for about 40 years. He was a miserable man to be around when i was growing up. Three and a half years ago i had a son and 3 years ago i bought a house. Thats when he decided screw this i am retiring he had just turned 65. He is a changed man now and has a wonderful relationship with his grandson. He stays busy now doing what ever he wants and if he feels like doing nothing he does nothing. He often helps people out with stuff but if they get on his nerves he tells them where they can go. Sounds pretty nice if you ask me. Only 35 more years to go.

Old Doug

I dream about retiring but for now i wish i could cut back to 40 hours a week at my day job. I am going to retire as soon as i can i am already trying to figure how i can down size so i will not need as much money.

Old Doug

Its a deal at work one of the drivers can retire but he has no hobbys or any thing to do.The owner is in the same boat he is a chaos junky so i cant see him ever retiring.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Renter came by, wanted to see the machine up close, saw delivery last fall and wondered how far along. Was surprised was as far as have gotten.

Also asked if considering selling it when done, then went on that IF, SHOULD WE Decide that want to downsize he would gratefully buy the 68 acres outside the house property and leave us stay on the ten with the house!! ALWAYS looking to buy more ground. Funny, as well KNEW it was his Brother across the valley that was on the same list.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Piddled around on some wiring issues under the hood as not too interested in laying under the engine today, next week perhaps. Will need to find a decent pigtail for left door switch and both door switches, had found a Door lamp screw run thru the wiring on Driver side. Replacement Bunk Heat/AC Box is in, need parts for AC Coil to reinstall it.

IMG_9102.JPG IMG_9116.JPG IMG_9125.JPG IMG_9126.JPG